aberdeen-music

Best First Line from a song?

AKMartin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well' date=' she was just seventeen, you know what I mean"[/quote']

Actually, I believe it was Lennon that wrote that. Apparantly the original line was "Well she was just seventeen, never been a beauty queen" until John suggested the alteration.

Yes' date=' a quick flick through "Revolution In The Head" confirms your story. But McCartney sang the line, so let's just say they both had filthy minds. :)[/quote']

Good guys.

Either:

"She wears denim wherever she goes, says she's going to get some records by the Status Quo, oh yeah" (The Concept - Teenage Fanclub)

or

"I wore my fringe like Roger McGuinn's, I was hoping to impress. So frightfully camp, it made you laugh, tomorrow I'll buy myself a dress" (Consolation Prize - Orange Juice)

"seaman tastes like gun metal" she said smiling - cheerleader corpses by Pig Destroyer

maybe she'll snap her wrist doing cartwheels or her ankle dancing drunken at some rave. maybe she'll go through a windshield and have twinkling bits of glass stuck in her face. - Pretty In Casts by Pig Destroyer

you're real gay about pussy your bitch has got you looking in a magazine for clothes. homo. all I'm buying a bitch is a bag of shit to choke on. - Bitch's Handbag Full of Money by Agoraphobic Nosebleed

"you fell in love, i fell in line" fireworks by embrace(not the hippest choice but still a fucking good song)

"i'll never forget the first time you kissed me, now i want you to fist me" lisa and lousise by nofx(a favourite from my youth)

and anything by super furry animals such as: "table tennis rules, they're so confusing it's not played by fools" from ice hocky hair

"They called him MC squared, cos he raps like no other" from hermann loves pauline.

"Clarity just confuses me" from demons.

"Said I exist in flexitime, You'll need a ruler coz I'm out of line" from night vision.

edit: i just realised i'm an idiot and didn't read the thread title right, i've quoted my favourite lines from songs rather than first line. doh. although clarity just confuses me is the first line from demons so i guess it can stand.