aberdeen-music

what is the best metal band ever

the nobz

thats about as safe as the tsunami

well since the tsunami was t'other side of the world from me - yes, perfectly safe!!

Iron Maiden are far better than Metallica... they have had consistently awesome albums over the years...

Metallica lost it at the Black Album i'm afraid.... Master of Puppets was the last awesome metallica album

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AmbientMood

Pantera as they retain their metal-ness whilst keeping interesting. Nothing comes close.

Metallica are truly epic.

Pantera and Metallica, excellent bands.

Iron Maiden are far better than Metallica... they have had consistently awesome albums over the years...

Metallica lost it at the Black Album i'm afraid.... Master of Puppets was the last awesome metallica album

So...

And Justice For All and the black album are not as good as No Prayer For the Dying, Fear Of The Dark, X-factor and Virtual XI?

oops. wrong answer!

Okay then if its not killswitch (which I reckon it definately is)

..................It has to be...........................................................................

..............................................................................................................

..........................................DREAM THEATER!!!

Okay then if its not killswitch (which I reckon it definately is)

..................It has to be...........................................................................

..............................................................................................................

..........................................DREAM THEATER!!!

no.........................;;;;;;--------IT'Z________________________________'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' date=',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT

So...

And Justice For All and the black album are not as good as No Prayer For the Dying' date=' Fear Of The Dark, X-factor and Virtual XI?

oops. wrong answer![/quote']

No, have to disagree.

Fear of the Dark is a great album, as is X-Factor I think. I do agree that No Prayer and Virtual XI aren't as strong - but they are still good albums.

The black album onward from Metallica is just utter garbage. Pure garbage.

Can't even claim that they are "the weaker albums", they are truly awful, culminating in the biggest stink box of shit - St. Anger.

No Prayer and Virtual simply are weaker because they are compared against the likes of 7th Son, Number of the Beast and Powerslave!

But that, is simply my opinion

Iron Maiden for me, surpsisingly. I like all the Maiden albums (each of which I feel has its own individual character), whereas Metallica unfortunately have their post-black material and Megadeth have their Risk.

But remember dudes and dudettes, OPINION is SUBJECTIVE ;) None of us can ever be right.

And Milner, you rock for nominating us :laughing::rockon:

Tough call. I'd say Slayer for their classic Show No Mercy-Hell Awaits-Reign In Blood-South Of Heaven-Seasons In The Abyss albums (I lost interest after that for some reason), or Metallica for Ride The Lighning-Master Of Puppets-...And Justice For All. (The Black album is so feckin overrated), for consistent quality.

but for the single best metal album, I'd go Appetite For Destruction.

It depends because metal is such a huge genre nowdays, we could go for the best pure metal band, or take in everything else like black metal, death metal, grindcore etc etc etc.

I'll just make a list of who I reackon are the best bands peddaling their wares in a metal sort of way. And they would be;

Iron Maiden - Masters of old school metal, Iron Maiden is the best album ever made. Nobody makes music so suited for the air guitar.

Pantera - Every riff was pure gold, totally just the most head-banging band ever.

Lamb Of God - Not legends yet, but I'd say the only ones that could carry on where Pantera left off, they make it even more metal by adding another guitar, and the best fucking blast beats ever.

Mastadon - They make me come.

Tool - Totally different by way that you don't bang your head, you don't give the horns, and you don't mosh to fuck. Instead you just sit back and listen to how immense they are.

System Of A Down - Heavy as hell, slightly derranged, politically charged, and come out with brilliant tunes every album.

Meshuggah - The soundtrack of the apocalypse and getting savagely anally violated by a Terminator.