aberdeen-music

the ring

Gumpy

Guest Logan

After seeing this film 20+ times it's lost that "it" factor that it barely had. Ring(u) isn't really that great a movie at all. It's a good introduction into the Asian horror movies as everything else (almost) released after this is great!!

Oh look, there she goes through the TV again.... *snore*

Amazing the first time, okay second, and then just a little dull and boring once you realise the plot is just a bit.......EH!?!

Possibly going to see The Ring 2 at the weekend in London, hopefully it'll be better than the first one as it's directed by the same person as the originals.

Guest Logan

The Japanese film is the one in question. It was on last night at 12.10am and the sequel is on tonight probably at the same time. Channel 4!

Ring 0 is actually quite decent! It's a lot more enjoyable than the other 2. On a horror level, it's not that great. It's more of a love story. Again the plot goes a little....EH? But that can be over looked.

Has anyone seen The Spiral (jap)? It's supposed to be linked to Ring. I think it's somewhat of a sequel, despite Ring 2 pretty much taking place right after the first one. It's all about Sadako. Have yet to check it out because it's too fucking dear, and I'm scared it's shite!

Have you heard that they're making a Ju-On: The Grudge 2?(or is it already made, can't remember) No doubt an American remake of that will happen! And shit on them for remaking Dark Water....hmm, it does have Jennifer Connoly in it tho! Yummeh! :love:

Ring 0 is actually quite decent! It's a lot more enjoyable than the other 2. On a horror level' date=' it's not that great. It's more of a love story. Again the plot goes a little....EH? But that can be over looked.

[/quote']

i agree and what i was meaning is i hate reading subtitles as u miss the film reading. :down:

ring scared the shit out of me. i cant watch that scene when she crawls out of the tv. its so scary! the ring waqs not that great. that scene was total pap. will watch ring2 tonight. and probs pee myself

same as you :'( i totaly pooed my pant's when we went to the cinema to see the ring. was hiding on the floor. i' ma totaly scaredy pants and that was just too much for me. had to take my tv out of my room and everything (only just put it back in) then someone MADE me watch the Japanese version and the tv came back out again. i'm really bad for that. i get nightmares and can't be alone for more than two seconds or i freek out. NO WAY am i going to see the second one! :nono:

Have you heard that they're making a Ju-On: The Grudge 2?(or is it already made' date=' can't remember) No doubt an American remake of that will happen! And shit on them for remaking Dark Water....hmm, it does have Jennifer Connoly in it tho! Yummeh! :love:[/quote']

I've got Ju-On: The Grudge 2 on double DVD but haven't quite got round to watching it yet- an idea for tonight's entertainment possibly! :)

i have only seen the american ring which i laughed at (when the horse went over the edge of the boat, funny stuff) i havent seen the japanese versions because i havent had the chance to (and also i am very jumpy) and i heard they are alot worse than the american ones :(

i have only seen the american ring which i laughed at (when the horse went over the edge of the boat' date=' funny stuff) i havent seen the japanese versions because i havent had the chance to (and also i am very jumpy) and i heard they are alot worse than the american ones :([/quote']

the japanese versions are FAR better (in my opinion anyways)- they make a lot more sense, especially in ring... i saw the american one after the japanese one and i dare say it was a poor show.

:(