aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

You either need to be quick off the mark (and pre-order) or have the right contacts!

Not time to listen to it properly (the Bonny Billy disc that is) as the missus was late home. Quick spin through says its pretty good. One for the anti-GPM brigade I'd say.

Does nowhere have the 2 cd pack left? Iknow 1 Up only got 5 copies and most of them (if not all) were spoken for.

Hope to pisk up the last Clogs cd (if the missus remembers)

yea everywhere in town is sold out and it was deleted on release day. i just plum forgot it was coming out and didn't pre-order it. if mike or phil was still working there i'd have been guaranteed one but alas none of the rest of them remembered to nab one for me.

domino sold out on release as well. i guess i'll have to download the bonus cd.

the letting go sounds pretty good though, quite dark and dramatic. really like the female vocals in the background. and the cover art is lovely though not sure about the gurning pic of will oldham in the sleeve notes :)

the letting go sounds pretty good though' date=' quite dark and dramatic. really like the female vocals in the background. and the cover art is lovely though not sure about the gurning pic of will oldham in the sleeve notes :)[/quote']

He has habit of doing that.

Apart from the fisheye shot on the back of GPM there was a real grumpy shot of him in swimming trunks for some review I saw.

Not exactly one to go for glam is he.

Oh, aye, it's a good album. The Dawn McCarthy definitely add to things.

But one thing thats been bugging me: the extra untitled tracks on both cds, I mean why?

Apparently it's called 'Ebb Tide' (the other cd track is called Crying in the Chapel)

Guest bluesxman

Russian Circles ~ Enter

Dub Narcotic Sound System ~ Boot Party

Black Keys ~ Magic Potion

The Delgados ~ Peloton

Fiction Action ~ Fake Love Real Jazz

Mastodon ~ Blood Mountain

Vincent Gallo ~ Recordings of Music For Film/Buffalo 66 OST

Suede - Suede

Hang On The Box - For Every Punk Bitch and Arsehole

Britpop and Chinese riot grrrl!

"For Every Punk Bitch and Arsehole" was such a great title for an album I bought that without knowing anything about them. "motorcycle boy" is a great track! Never managed to get through the album from start to finish though.

Hot Water Music-The New 'What Next'

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

Straylight Run-s/t

Rites Of Spring-End On End

I've got that Rites of Spring album too, solely on being a Fugazi fan. It's rather enjoyable in a messy way. The title track is a beaut for being over 7 minutes long. :up:

Guest Phantomsmasher

Wolf Eyes "Human Animal"

Six Organs of Admitance "The Sun Awakens"

Kylie Minoise: "Spank Magic Lodge"

Double Leopards

Animal Collective: "Sung Tongs" (re-buy)

And a few "Family Battle Snake" cd-rs which I'm trading.