aberdeen-music

PHILIP ANSELMO's Videotaped Statement About DIMEBAG's Murder Posted Online

Mordred

Phil infact wrote all the music for Necrophagia's come-back album. After the band split some years ago due to all the members (except Killjoy) wanting to start a GLAM band.... I would say Necrophagia are a Gore / Death Metal sort of band. Hard to catagorise a band that was on the go before Death Metal really existed. Pure Evil vocals. Check out "The Ravenous" (A band) for more examples of Killjoy unique vocals.

But i digress from the topic in hand which is Phil's press release. He is an asshole and i shall not even waste my time on listening to the Arrogant American Fuck.

Shame about DDG though....and the dude from Nasum with the crazy name. A bad month for metal.

hmmmmmmm.....

i also am unsure what to make of that outbust of emotion. I guess he was upset and its kinda understandable that he was talking a fair amount of shit during that. The sentiment was certainly there tho. He started off well, and i was very much understanding what he was on about but towards the end i think he just let his big gob get in the way. dunno.

it was kinda heartfelt at the begining... but towards the end he was trying to cover his steps about the demise of Pantera. Before he blamed Dime and Vinnie... now he blames the Music Press? wish he would make his mind up on this matter. to be honest, bringing up the past while grieving about the death of a close friend is totally irrelevant, as is Phil's future.

people wanted to know his reaction... not his plans or a bit about history. i dunno what to believe when it comes to phil anselmo now. having read his interview in metal hammer last month i thought he'd pretty much cleared things up for me, but now with his latest statement.... its just muddled things up.

i don't think he even knows what he's talkin about these days

Before he blamed Dime and Vinnie... now he blames the Music Press?

To my knowledge, Anselmo has always had a huge thing again the media and the such, so it might have been a case of a conflict in interest, which is probably why he is said to blame it on Vinnie and Dime. But then, I'm just piecing it together with assumptions

There's probably something in the hand jestures. I only know what I've seen on the telly and most of the time the signs are actually quite obvious once explained, I've found. For instance, at the beginning, he's totally rubbing his hands together so he's anxious and he's holding his hands palms out to the camera, that's probably a sign of, I dunno, surrender? Honesty? So I think the start of it at least is quite sincere.

It's later on when there's the cuts and he talks about the media and changing the world and stuff, that seems a bit odd, quite self indulgent. Should have kept it short and sharp because he did make it about himself at the end, conflicting his very first words.

Before he blamed Dime and Vinnie... now he blames the Music Press?

Yeah but lets be completely honest, he wasnt going to go on screen and announce to the world that even tho dimebag is dead he still blames him for the demise of Pantera. Of course he was going to bend it a bit, he perhaps still does blame darrell, but when it comes down to it, Pantera and Dimbag are dead, does it really matter. I think Phil might of been wise to try and bodyswerve that topic as much as he could of, yeah maybe he felt he wanted to right some wrongs, which is totally understandable, but i think he was dumb to go off on one and start putting the blame elsewhere, i think he should of just like apologised and left it at that or something similar.

And yes, i think he was probably off his face, mind you, to me that pretty much explains most of the stupid shit he's said. Kids: Dont do drugs.

phil has always blamed elektra for the dimise of pantera

they did very little promotion for down's second album to push him into doing another pantera album

he got annoyed with this and so went on to tour the album to promote it himself

he had told vinnie and dimebag that he wasnt going to tour the album though so when he did they were like 'wtf'

and so the dimise of pantera began :(