aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

I really don't think Manchester United will get a full season out of Robin van Persie, and they definitely need to sign a proper striker. In my opinion, Hernandez and Welbeck don't cut it at that level, and Wayne Rooney is incredibly overrated. Manchester United should absolutely be swarming all over Falcao if he's available.

Allegedly, van Gaal reckons that RVP is done, and he'll never be 100% fit again, so it's a decent move if that is true, and relatively risk free with it being a loan. Welbeck and Hernandez are off, so United would have been daft to not bring someone in, with RVP and Rooney's injury record.

Still need a box to box midfielder though. Daley Blind will probably play defensive midfield as he did for Ajax. Hopefully all the attacking acquisitions will force LvG to revert back to his preferred 4-3-3, and a standard back four. If that is the case, I have no concerns over the defence. Rojo is primarily a centre back as well, even though he played LB at the World Cup. Rojo, Jones and Smalling are all fine for the middle. The only concern is Evans, who is dire.

If RVP is unfit then Falcao is a quality signing, but with all players available LVG is going to struggle to keep everyone happy. It's not like Man Utd are challenging for trophies on four fronts and are going to have a 60-70 game season in which every player will get a an opportunity to have a run in the team.

Defensively we're ok, I can't imagine that Blackett will get much of a look in once Rojo is on the scene. I'd be happy with Rafael/Shaw at full back as well.

If Blind signs it's a great addition, but I can't help but think that if we can land another CM we'd be in a far stronger position to get some form back before the next window. Who that signing would be? No idea, and this late in the day I'm probably just being overly optimistic.

Edited by givemeasmile

I actually have united fans telling me that the MK Dons game is the only bad game Evans has had for United in the past season and a bit, the reason being i am unable to name every bad game i think he has had, hence they didnt happen.......Incredible. 

I guess those United fans missed the Burnley game? If it wasn't for Phil Jones being totally colossal, United would have gotten humped. Jones was cleaning up after Calamity Evans all afternoon.

Lots of rumours linking Ron Vlaar to United. Most United fans consider him to not be an improvement on what they already have. Madness He's better than anyone they have. Underrated player. He'd firmly keep Evans out of the side, forever and ever.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

Read that the loan might just be this season but they have committed to buy.  Something to do with FFP making it a loan for the first season worked that out.  65 million Euro total including the loan?

Be interesting when it's all worked out.  If RVP has done his knee again it makes perfect sense though.

I read that just now too. Mendes is saying it's a permanent deal, but to help Monaco through the FFP, it's a loan deal for the first year. It's better for Monaco to bring in the Rodriguez money this year, and Falcao money next year.

Bit more skepital now, because Falcao could be knackered too, just like RvP

Super Dan to Arsenal. That puts a dampener on Falcao. Welbeck would do well at Arsenal. Such a powerful player. Never gets a chance to play centrally, but when he did get a spell upfront when RVP was injured last season, he netted 8 in 9 games.

Wins the ball back in the final 3rd more than anyone else I can think of. Best in the world at defending from the front.

Dang.

The worst thing about not working and having a load of free time is how often I find myself putting sky sports news on. I've had to be extra strong with myself today as it's just unbearable. "Transfer Deadline Day" can just fuck off.

Just realised I already complained about it a few posts up. I'm almost as repetitive as that channel!