aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Man Utd just looked ridiculously narrow last night. How are Wellbeck/Chicharito expected to perform when there is little to no service available?

Last night it was more of a 5-3-2 than a 3-5-2, and Adnan Januzaj is not going to perform well as an attacking full back no matter how hard he is pushed to do so.

What doesn't make sense to me is that there is a lack of quality defenders at Man Utd, so why attempt to scramble together a 3 man backline? 2 of Smalling/Jones/Rojo with a decent RB/LB either side of them makes most sense to me, no point in trying to force a system that ultimately leads to poor results.

United forums are in meltdown today. It's pretty wild. Still, a ridiculous amount of fans defending Jonny Evans. He was just about at fault for every goal. He was the captain and the most senior player. He was put to shame by a bunch of League 1 cloggers. If he wasn't an academy product, he'd probably be getting it in the neck. Somehow, blinkered United fans think he's one of the best in the league  :eek:

If Fellaini had played as Evans did last night, Fellaini would be getting bullets posted through his door.

Evans is wank. Get rid. Go back to a back four. Rojo partnered with Smalling, shored up by a big bastard of a defensive midfielder. Jones and Blackett to come in as rotation. 4th place finish. 

United forums are in meltdown today. It's pretty wild. Still, a ridiculous amount of fans defending Jonny Evans. He was just about at fault for every goal. He was the captain and the most senior player. He was put to shame by a bunch of League 1 cloggers. If he wasn't an academy product, he'd probably be getting it in the neck. Somehow, blinkered United fans think he's one of the best in the league  :eek:

If Fellaini had played as Evans did last night, Fellaini would be getting bullets posted through his door.

Evans is wank. Get rid. Go back to a back four. Rojo partnered with Smalling, shored up by a big bastard of a defensive midfielder. Jones and Blackett to come in as rotation. 4th place finish. 

I've been getting dogs abuse from man utd fans online for daring to suggest that Evans is shit and needs to be dropped, they really are blinded in thinking he is one of the top defenders in the league.

Same people who still claim that Nani is the best winger in the EPL and its not his fault he hasnt performed for two seasons. 

Rumours of Nikola Zigic to Arsenal are fucking hilarious. I actually LOLed in the office.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-birmingham-city-striker-nikola-7677674

His agent is playing a blinder.  

He's been out of work for 6 months then he puts this out there.  Says something ridiculous like he also has offers from Turkey and Greece, if he had a contract from Arsenal as his agent claimed as if he'd even consider going to Greece.

I've been getting dogs abuse from man utd fans online for daring to suggest that Evans is shit and needs to be dropped, they really are blinded in thinking he is one of the top defenders in the league.

Same people who still claim that Nani is the best winger in the EPL and its not his fault he hasnt performed for two seasons. 

I was always a Nani defender, but he was never the best in the league. Obscenely talented though, dogged with injuries, and largely inconsistent. He still should have been much better than he turned out. Same for Anderson too. Such wastes of talent.

I'm no connoisseur, but for me, it's all about Borussia Dortmund.

• First German club to ever win a European club title (Cup Winners' Cup in 1966 - the real reason that year ought to be remembered).
  • Interesting and intense rivalry with Ruhr neighbours Schalke (the Revierderby).
  • Westfalenstadion (it's larger than Old Trafford). 81,000 capacity, and always full for matches.
  • Philanthropic football club with regular substantial donations to charities.
  • Good youth system with an ostensible sustainable future.
  • Some excellent footballers, including: Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mats Hummels, Neven Subotic, and Marco Reus.
  • Jurgen Klopp and his pro-active approach.
  • They also have a bright yellow kit. Yellow is a fantastic colour.