aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Music Threads 2014

Guest E.C

Which ones have you heard about?

Which ones are you looking forward to?

Which ones are already your favourites?

Will you be starting any, or mostly just posting in existing ones?

Let's discuss.

Pet hates is still pretty solid after all these years. Ace-ic is a tough one sometimes because of the potential humblebrag angle but it's nice to read what is currently making people happy.

I'd say there needs to be another good go-to thread in a similar vein. Not sure what though. Maybe quick questions fills that hole but the 'what TV should I get'... 'fuck it, i'll just ignore everyone's response and a) do what I was gonna do anyway and b) forget about the whole thing and post another inane question' aspect is annoying.

My favourite ever thread was the one where we discussed loads of philisophical/hypothetical questions - anyone remember what that was called? Some great discussion in that one.

I'm looking forward to the new Gordon Duthie thread, and 68 pages on how much better the 'scene' was in 2013, when as many as 14 people would attend Indie gigs in The Tunnels.

It'll never be like the glory days, when 18,000 people would inexplicably watch King Prawn play music and there were music venues open that aren't any more. Everyone should just pack it in. Close the thread.

It'll never be like the glory days, when 18,000 people would inexplicably watch King Prawn play music and there were music venues open that aren't any more. Everyone should just pack it in. Close the thread.

Don't forget the city losing it's most central Pizza Hut. How did we all manage to soldier on?

I'm surprised we didn't just do what they're doing in Detroit. Board up the windows and skip town. Maybe there's Pizza Huts down old England way.