aberdeen-music

2014 Local Band Releases

As the title suggests, a thread for discussing local band releases, be they online or physical.

What has everyone got on the horizon? Personally, the Das McManus split with Needleman should be out shortly, and the Seas, Starry record is slowly creeping towards a physical vinyl release. We have been in touch with a chap would mastering it to vinyl and also made some headway with the artwork. Plus, there will be more Cherbourg Harps Assembly and contributions to the Not a Teepee collective.

Carson Wells are waiting to release two 7"s (one with Human Hands (Stratford Upon Avon) and Kaddish (Dundee)).  We also begin recording LP#2 in March, which will probably be released before the end of the year.  There are also whisperings of rereleasing Wonderkid.  If all of this happens this year, we're going to need to pay for storage!  It will be great having so many releases side by side, however.  I'm excited for the new LP especially. 

Otherwise, keep your eyes peeled for a yet to be named band, featuring Myself, Huw from CW and Ashley Park.  We rehearse with a dedicated vocalist on Thursday night.  We're sitting on about 7 tracks that we want to self-record and release online.  We'll hopefully have an album of sorts this year.  We don't really know how to describe it yet.  It's definitely a rock band.  Sometimes we sound like Blink-182, sometimes like Mineral, sometimes like Sunny Day Real Estate.  We want it to be a "fun" band.  Keep your ears peeled if this interests you. 

Also, if I ever decide how I want my emo project to sound, that might finally get off the ground.

It's went from 2-piece, to full band, to band with synth, to band with female vocals, and now back to 2-piece. I blame Tomas for moving away.

i wanna do more stuff this year. let me play drums on your records

deadloss mf superstar have a new mini-album almost ready to drop. it's been that way for 18 months though, so, err.... we never seem able to finish the last few bits, it's ridiculous. but I'm hopeful: this year.

...... and in the meantime, we've pretty much written the album-after-that-one, with our fabulous new guitarist Mark-that-used-to-be-in-Glassman. hurrah! it's going to be lush.

• Upvote 1

the band formally known as Avoid The Morning are demoing tonight. Just some ideas. 

Aaron hates bands that put out demos instead of "proper" recordings. And he hates tapes. And he hates vegetarianism. I'm going to take the demos, put it on tape and release it with all the money going to a vegan/vegetarian animal society just for lols.