aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I don't mind Dwight Yorke, though he's not really much of a pundit, in terms of balance. It's always "we" and "us".

Sod pundits. Just make everything like the old Sky Sports Fan Zone. Do they still do that? I'm surprised that it didn't lead to more fist fights.

L'Equipe have said we've made an approach for St. Etienne's manager, Christophe Galtier. I've no idea about the boy, but he looks like David Ginola's shifty brother:-

SAINTETIENNE_GALTIER_19091011.jpg

On the basis of that picture ( :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love: ) and the fact that he's not Alan Pardew, I'm in.

I heard a story, apparently it's been going around for a few months, that Pardew stole Steve Stone's team lunch, saying "when you're the king, you can do what you want." Legend.

I'm actually pretty concerned by our striker situation. Shola's not getting a new contract, Cisse could be injured until September/October, we won't pay Remy whatever fortune he expects to be paid. This leaves us with Adam Campbell, who's done naff all on-loan at St. Mirren. There's the possibility that we'll sign Luuk de John on a permanent deal, which is a terrible idea. He's a decent technical footballer but he has absolutely no idea where the goal is. Like, none at all. I'm legitimately shocked that this gibbon has ever scored a goal anywhere. It's not that he'll get a chance and miss -- he won't get the chance, because he'll be standing on the byline, trying to win a header. You should watch him play. It's hilarious.

Wonder if we can get Demba back.

I'm actually pretty concerned by our striker situation. Shola's not getting a new contract, Cisse could be injured until September/October, we won't pay Remy whatever fortune he expects to be paid. This leaves us with Adam Campbell, who's done naff all on-loan at St. Mirren. There's the possibility that we'll sign Luuk de John on a permanent deal, which is a terrible idea. He's a decent technical footballer but he has absolutely no idea where the goal is. Like, none at all. I'm legitimately shocked that this gibbon has ever scored a goal anywhere. It's not that he'll get a chance and miss -- he won't get the chance, because he'll be standing on the byline, trying to win a header. You should watch him play. It's hilarious.

Wonder if we can get Demba back.

My Newcastle-supporting friend said pretty much the same thing.

I would've thought you'd be happy Shola isn't getting a new contract? Who would you want that you could realistically get?

Vincent Kompany on football focus just said that "you could get to the quarter finals of the champions league without really breaking a sweat." Does he not remember how City did in the last 3 seasons? 

He also said they were going to win the quadruple this season. He didn't seem to have any doubt in his voice.

I quite like him, but he seems a bit bonkers. He wins the league once, and now he's all Billy Big Bollocks.

well the damp squib that is last day of the Prem League season has really pissed on the media's bonfire.  Might be a little bit of excitement should City lose an early goal and get nervous though.  And the relegation places practically sealed barring Norwich breaking all records!  

Bloody hell still a week to go till our showdown for promotion to the promised land of damp midweek Johnstone Paint Trophy ties away at the likes of Chesterfield.  Going agonizingly slowly!

Monumental collapse from Real Madrid. They can't win it now. Barca/Atleti will hopefully be a great game. Atleti just need a draw, which they are certainly capable of, though they have gotten a bit wobbly in the last few weeks. Would be great if they won it though.

Bit of an anti-climatic end to the Best Premier League season ever.

I thought it was a shame that it was only that game that held some importance. There's normally a team or two that get relegated on the last day. Norwich weren't officially down, but they would have had to have won 19-0.

Not even a European place up for grabs.

La Liga climax will be better, as the title decider is a game between the two teams in it. Quite a rarity.