aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I went to Barca B - Cordoba today. Cordoba won 1-0 moving them into 7th place which will work out as a play off spot because Barca B in 3rd aren't eligible. It was funny that this match actually reflected what's been seen in a lot of the main team's difficult matches. There were 21 players in one half of the pitch for most the match but no penetration. Last time I saw them play they scored five but today I never expected one. No cutting edge at all. The finish for the Cordoba goal was class though. 

A mixture of nervousness and excitement as Cambridge head into todays Skrill Premier play off semi final 2nd leg against FC Halifax with a slight 1-0 deficit to overturn.  Not in the best of form - five straight defeats on the bounce, not a single goal scored.  So after a marvellous season, finishing 2nd in the league and winning the FA Trophy, there is a sense of deflation kicking in.  Need a massive effort to make a return trip to Wembley in a couple of weeks!

Edited by Delboy1969

A mixture of nervousness and excitement as Cambridge head into todays Skrill Premier play off semi final 2nd leg against FC Halifax with a slight 1-0 deficit to overturn. Not in the best of form - five straight defeats on the bounce, not a single goal scored. So after a marvellous season, finishing 2nd in the league and winning the FA Trophy, there is a sense of deflation kicking in. Need a massive effort to make a return trip to Wembley in a couple of weeks!

It wouldn't matter as Gateshead are going to get promoted.
  • Upvote 2

I went to Barca B - Cordoba today. Cordoba won 1-0 moving them into 7th place which will work out as a play off spot because Barca B in 3rd aren't eligible. It was funny that this match actually reflected what's been seen in a lot of the main team's difficult matches. There were 21 players in one half of the pitch for most the match but no penetration. Last time I saw them play they scored five but today I never expected one. No cutting edge at all. The finish for the Cordoba goal was class though. 

Did Sergi Samper play? How was he, if so?

I'm still struggling to get my head round what happened. How the fuck did they blow a three goal lead against nothing to play for at all crystal palace?

Absolute madness.

Surely there's no way City will lost to either Villa or West Ham. I don't really have anything against City but them winning after the season we've had would be a bit of an anti-climax. A bit like finding out a shit explanation to a big mystery in a tv series. "Oh, is that it?"

Liverpool 3-3 is quite similar to United's 4-4 against Everton. What should have been a comfortable win turned into a bottle job, and has probably taken the title away from them. Dwight Gayle is a United fan too, so I'm sure he's chuffed with his brace.

Bolasie was ace, despite also being awful. He is an enigma. His pace was menacing, but I don't think he's ever been in possession of a football in his life. sometimes he runs very close to the ball, but he is never in control of it. There was one instance where it looked like he was doing stepovers, despite the ball being nowhere near his feet. Amazing.

Now City only need 4 points, unless Liverpool win their last game 10-0.

In other news, City are about to get done over by the FFP. A hefty fine and their Champions League squad being reduced to only 21 players, 8 of which have to be home grown. Their best starting 11 only includes one English player, Joe Hart. I don't know how they'll get another 7 in to a 21 man squad without . A fine for spending outwith their means seems a little redundant, though the fine is to be paid out of the club's finances rather than the pocket of the Mansours, so it will be a big chunk from whatever - if any - transfer budget they have from their own resources.

Liverpool made fairly sizable losses, but didn't play in Europe this season. They'll be in Europe next season, so will be subject to the FFP regulations and will have to shape up. Perhaps they'll be forced to sell Suarez.

That may mean they hold on to Micah Richards and Joleon Lescott then, unless they go out and buy an English centre-half - I presume homegrown in this respect is English rather than homegrown at City?

Hart, Milner, J-Rod, Lescott, Richards, Sinclair(?) + 2 reserve players, I guess. Richard Wright.