aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Despite the contest being over, it's a great game. Real are playing the act-the-cunt card pretty early, and Bayern are losing their shit over it. Every time a Madrid player goes down, a Bayern player is trying to drag him back up. I hope Madrid keep trolling Bayern. Hopefully there's a red card in this.

Ribery's slap to the face was so pathetic. What a tosser.

Not the result I wanted though. I was hoping for a Bayern/Atleti final.

Not a result anyone was expecting!  I was very confused when Ramos scored his second.  Madrid were magnificent and it shouldn't be that surprising with the players they have.  Didn't know Modric was so good, obviously he was great at Spurs, but he seems genuinely world class now.  Up there with Iniesta. 

I was aware of the 1986 World Cup (and collected the Panini stickers of course), but I didn't really watch it. 1990 is the first one I remember really watching. I had a World Cup 1990 Coca Cola soccerball, and drinking glasses with that weird football mascot on it. I remember hearing Nessum Dorma every day and I think Pavarotti sang it at the final. I remember fireworks at the final. Watching Cameroon beat Argentina in the opener and Roger Milla's celebration. Running home from school to watch Scotland v Costa Rica. The special Rab C Nesbitt World Cup episode. Toto Schillachi being lauded as the greatest player in the world. Gazza's tears in the semi final. Good times man. Good fucking times.

I was always Asprilla

When we played at break/lunch time in primary school we'd always decide which team we were gonna be, then pick players. You couldn't pick the same as someone else, because that meant you stunk, or had germs. Nightmare. I remember one time we were Liverpool, and I wanted to play up front, so I chose Sean Dundee. Not Owen, not Fowler... Sean fucking Dundee.

Speaks volumes about my ambition.