aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

So - how's it going?  Decided to drop back in after a wee while away from the forum...

You might remember that I declared my love for Wigan Athletic at the beginning of last season, so the end of the season was fairly dramatic for me.  My love really is for Martinez though, so I'm now unashamedly following Everton... (By following, I mean occasionally looking at their results and having a smug smile to myself if they win).

Cracking start to the season for the Dons!  Here's hoping it continues.  In other Gladstone related news, I no longer support Celtic.  Just lost interest completely - I cheer them on in Europe but want them to lose every other game - not because I hate them like non Old Firm supporters do, just to try and keep the league as interesting as possible.  I'm probably an Aberdeen supporter, kind of.  Scotland supporter mainly though.

So - how's it going?  Decided to drop back in after a wee while away from the forum...

You might remember that I declared my love for Wigan Athletic at the beginning of last season, so the end of the season was fairly dramatic for me.  My love really is for Martinez though, so I'm now unashamedly following Everton... (By following, I mean occasionally looking at their results and having a smug smile to myself if they win).

Cracking start to the season for the Dons!  Here's hoping it continues.  In other Gladstone related news, I no longer support Celtic.  Just lost interest completely - I cheer them on in Europe but want them to lose every other game - not because I hate them like non Old Firm supporters do, just to try and keep the league as interesting as possible.  I'm probably an Aberdeen supporter, kind of.  Scotland supporter mainly though.

LOL

Welcome back! Where have you even been? I only ever get an email from you if you're after my hard-earned nowadays. Jokes.

On AFC v St Johnstone, I think the draw was six and half a dozen really, although tellingly I think the feeling amongst the other three would have been a wish to avoid Aberdeen.

Venue for the semi TBC. Hampden is closed for Commonwealth Games related shenanigans from November, so Tannadice seems the logical option, given the capacity is 14,000 and St Johnstone's average home gate is less than 4,000 this season. I would never rule out the SFA hosting this in Edinburgh, though (there's no way either Ibrox or Celtic Park would even half fill up).

If travel wasn't an issue, my preference would be Tynecastle - regardless I think any ground in Scotland with the exception of those in Glasgow will sell out for this fixture (it is a weekend).

I knew you'd be back.

LOL

Welcome back! Where have you even been? I only ever get an email from you if you're after my hard-earned nowadays. Jokes.

You know - just been living the dream generally.

I'm a Dad now - that takes up a lot of my time!  Not playing in a band anymore, not playing football anymore...  Family life has taken over!

I knew you'd be back.

Haha - I've barely looked at this forum in about a year or however long it is since I deleted my profile.  For some reason I looked it up yesterday and was having a flick through, decided to sign up again...

You still running?  That's been my only hobby this year - actually did some proper training for a change - it's incredible what that can do for you...

Haha - I've barely looked at this forum in about a year or however long it is since I deleted my profile.  For some reason I looked it up yesterday and was having a flick through, decided to sign up again...

You still running?  That's been my only hobby this year - actually did some proper training for a change - it's incredible what that can do for you...

I was off running for the first half of the year with a knee injury but some regular physio is sorting that out so back training now.  Took 3 mins off my 10k PB at Forres a couple of months ago (sadly still not quite under 50 mins though) and had an epic "run" up two munros in Assynt earlier this month on a club trip.

Did you finish your charity challenge?

I was off running for the first half of the year with a knee injury but some regular physio is sorting that out so back training now.  Took 3 mins off my 10k PB at Forres a couple of months ago (sadly still not quite under 50 mins though) and had an epic "run" up two munros in Assynt earlier this month on a club trip.

Did you finish your charity challenge?

Yeah I finished the challenge - I'll go and find that thread and update it rather than hogging the footy thread...

Ryan - the place looks pretty much as I left it.  Well - it doesn't "look" as I left it, but the content looks much the same.

If he hadn't left, they wouldn't be your beloved Everton.

Everyone knows that - stop ruining the fun.

Everton are above Man United in the league, so Martinez wins.

(I only know that because I just checked for the first time in about a month...).

Spurs v Everton on Sunday - bring it on Philkaline.

Spurs vs Everton has the potential to be the game of the weekend. But since I'm expecting so much of it, it will be a dour 1-0 sealed by another Soldado penalty.

I'd take that. I'm pretty sure we didn't have a single penaly awarded in our favour at all last season in the EPL.

Edited by Alkaline