aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I didn't see much of the U20s. Saw Kondogbia play a handful of games for Sevilla though. He looks like the most un-La Liga player possible. Just smashing through everyone. Pretty much got booked in every game I saw. Excellent technique for a big fucking unit n'all.

So Spurs have signed Chadli?  I don't know much about him, seem to remember him scoring against Spurs in the Champions League though a couple of years ago?

Plays in the Belgian national team though which means something these days and seems a reasonable price?

A left winger for now and in the long term someone to help fill the Bale void if/when he leaves next year?

I don't care how good Suarez can be, I wouldn't want him at a club I support. He's just horrid. Secondly, didn't he say he wanted to leave because the English media were terrorizing his family or some shit? But now no offers from abroad have come for him, he's fine with just moving to London? Makes sense...

I hope he goes abroad. Getting rid of Tevez and Suarez in one summer would be a total jackpot.

• Upvote 1

What's Moyes and United doing with the Fabregas thing? The club have repeatedly said he's not for sale.I could understand them trying to force the issue if there was any indication the player actually wanted to leave but Fabregas has said himself that he doesn't want to. This story should have been over ages ago. They're just making themselves look like idiots.

The shite way the media makes shits up and reports on transfers has really been bugging me lately. I know it's nothing new but for some reason it's been annoying me more that ever lately. For example I read an article earlier about Liverpool and it was speaking about Jose Reina and that he was still looking for a new club after "his move to barcelona fell though". There is absolutely no evidence Barca ever wanted him or spoke to him, there was nothing to "fall through". But of course a paper started a rumour so it became fact a day or two later. That was in the Guardian too who like to think of themselves as better than that. 

Just did a search and it does look like I remembered it wrongly. He didn't say so himself but Vilanova said in an interview that Cesc had told him he wanted to stay. So not the same thing I admit, but I still don't think he has any intention of going anywhere.

Barca just saying it on Skysports centre now.

Either that or they are using as a smoke screen for bringing someone in. A club like Man Utd wont be wasting all their time and energy on one player, they are not that daft. 

I dont think the transfer will happen myself, Barca dont need to sell, and with Thiago leaving id imagine there will be even more playing time available next season. 

I think a lot of their summer depends on Rooney, i doubt they are interested in selling him to Chelsea, but probably would have been more accommodating to a team abroad, only thing is, no one wants him, so i think United are a bit stuck, they have made it pretty clear he is not first choice, and doesnt really fit in, but very few clubs will give him the wages he wants, and the fee United will want, because outwith England, he is not as highly rated. 

Edited by The Milner

I cannot understand the criticism Moyes has received from the media and "fans" so far, when the season hasn't even started.  Many people are writing him off already, which is ridiculous.  Sure, he might be in for Fabregas, but the kind of bullshit deals the media focuses on through the summer historically probably means that, while they have put a bid in, its unlikely that their entire focus is on signing Fabregas; it's just that the media makes it seem as though it is.  I'll eat all my shoes if Rooney isn't at Man United next season too.  It's like people don't think they're a major world football club anymore without Ferguson.  Surely Moyes is better known throughout European football than the new Barca manager, for instance?  They need a midfielder or two, and a wide left option, and to get rid of Anderson and Nani and they still have >1month to do it. 

• Upvote 1

I cannot understand the criticism Moyes has received from the media and "fans" so far, when the season hasn't even started.  Many people are writing him off already, which is ridiculous.  Sure, he might be in for Fabregas, but the kind of bullshit deals the media focuses on through the summer historically probably means that, while they have put a bid in, its unlikely that their entire focus is on signing Fabregas; it's just that the media makes it seem as though it is.  I'll eat all my shoes if Rooney isn't at Man United next season too.  It's like people don't think they're a major world football club anymore without Ferguson.  Surely Moyes is better known throughout European football than the new Barca manager, for instance?  They need a midfielder or two, and a wide left option, and to get rid of Anderson and Nani and they still have >1month to do it. 

Yeah this, people have written him off before he has really been given a chance. I have no doubt United will go through a quieter couple of seasons trophey wise, whilst he stamps his authority on the club, but i think he will do well given a bit of time. 

I agree. I don't think Moyes has done anything wrong. He's already in most fans' goodbooks since he's playing the talented youngsters on the pre-season tour. Something which Fergie hadn't done for a while, which came back to bite him, like Pogba.

I don't really think Moyes is all that involved with the transfers anyway. It seems to be all Woodward. United were linked with Thiago and Fabregas before Moyes even started the job.

Is he tho, he is being asked about it, and has only said they are working on it, he hasnt publically endorsed the player to move, or anything like that, he has just said they would like the player, and are working to try and strike a deal. 

Considering the way Barca have gone about their business in recent years id say United were being very polite over it all. 

But often the club will be in a position where they can't really say no if they get a really high bid. Of course there will be a price Barca couldn't say no too but there's no way United will offer that much. And normally it's the smaller club getting pestered and the power of the giant wins out in the end. Some wee club from the north of england aint got a chance.

Its all depends on if he pushes it through. The fact it is dragging says united must have had some encouragement that he could be interested, otherwise they wouldnt have gone back with second or third bids. 

Like i say, Barca have forced plenty of hands in recent years, why shouldnt it happen back to them?