aberdeen-music

Hockey thread

Soda Jerk

Shite. Brunner is great. Outside of Datsyuk and Zetterberg, he was my favourite player last season. All the interviews with him seemed to suggest he was really keen to stay too. He looks talented enough to be getting the salary he wants if he stayed a couple of years and earned it. Bah.

Came I'm here to post about Brunner. You got Alfredsson and Weiss at least! Cleary may be on the way out as well.

Wouldn't mind Buffalo taking up Brunner. We're weak at Wing and could use more offence. We could probably afford his contract to, especially if we managed to trade Stafford for a cheaper winger from someone willing.

• 3 weeks later...

So, October 2nd, Buffalo @ Detroit. Yaldie.

Also, this is still preliminary, but Adam that took over The Wig on the Castlegate is a big Red Wings/hockey fan so he will be showing games recorded on Premier Sports on Sunday afternoons/evenings. Maybe more. And definitely the Olympics.

They also have a fine variety of burgers and hot dogs. If you haven't tried them, they're awesome. Even do veggie dogs, which are great.

I expect to see a few of you in there some Sundays.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I got that but did he apologize or get in touch with the guy or anything?

He tried, unsurprisingly he was met with little response from the guy, also after it all, there was a lot of abuse, rightly people were upset about it all, but it got to the point he had to suspend his FB account for a while due to threats and various other things. 

I'm not going to defend Calum over it all again, it happened, Calum has felt bad about it ever since, and he rightly got punished for it.

Weirdly enough, the folk that run the hockey got in touch with Calum this week to tell him they have reduced his ban to a year, and he will be welcome to go back and play for next season. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hiorrible hit, but I don't think it was as late as everyone is making out. If this was the Scott Stevens era, it would be classed as an awesome hit. But anyway, yeah, he hit the head, very reckless. I do think he meant to hit through the body adn just got it wrong though which kind of ties in with him being a bad skater.

Mike Milbury's post game berating for 5 minutes was fucking hilarious. The same Mike Milbury that jump into the stands when he was a player and beat a fan with his won shoe. Also, this is Scott's first suspension in 6 seaons or something like that. He's not the all out goon that people make him out to be.

He made a bad hit, he'll sit, end of story, he'll come back and probably fight Chara. End of.

Bigger news...Vanek got traded to the Islanders for Moulson and their 2014 1st and 2015 2nd round picks.

It was inevitable but I'm still in shock.

• 1 month later...