aberdeen-music

Hockey thread

Soda Jerk

James Neal proves how much of a cheap-shot bastard he is again with this on Marchand just before the Thornton incident...though marchand had something like this coming with all his cheap shots. Though, still very fucking dirty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuVq-TZ7AJM

And to make the day for the NHL worse, Zac Rinaldo was going to completely sucker-punch Roussel. Got 17 PIMs after 4 second of ice-time in the game. Lucky Roussel ducked that first punch.

These idiots are clearly trying to fast-track their own redundancy form the game by getting fighting banned with these stupid displays.

What's annoying me about the NHL just now is that you can't have a big clean hit without it turning into an 6-8 man brawl.

Seriously every bit of contact and some other player runs straight in and tries to start a fight without actually letting the other guy throw down too.

Obviously this doesn't apply to the above clips but it's getting really annoying.

What's annoying me about the NHL just now is that you can't have a big clean hit without it turning into an 6-8 man brawl.

Seriously every bit of contact and some other player runs straight in and tries to start a fight without actually letting the other guy throw down too.

Obviously this doesn't apply to the above clips but it's getting really annoying.

Yeah, apparently Thornton was acting in response to Orpik's hit on Eriksson. Eriksson is just back from a concussion and probably has another one. However, Orpik's hit was clean, and Eriksson got caught with his head down. Orpik doesn't need to fight to answer for that. Clearly Thornton thought otherwise and took it a step beyond the realms of acceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's a joke.  My friend sent me the gif of that earlier in the week and I immeditely said that has to be a lengthy ban.

The league much like the NFL is only interested in the perception of safety and the removal of illegal hits.  Only when it suits them though.

If that was a hit on Crosby or something then it would be a ban.

• 2 weeks later...

Rasmus Ristolainen scores in OT to win Gold for Finland. Media All-Star Team D pair are him and Nikita Zadorov. Zadorov and Grigorenko top scoring D and F for Russia, that win Bronze.

All 3 are Sabres prospects. Looks like there may be something to this rebuilding idea!

Rough season for your lot but as you say you do look like you are well placed and keep getting some great prospects.

• Upvote 1

We have our own 1st round pick for the next 2 years, and the Islanders either this year or next (depends on the Islanders keeping it this year or not).

This year will likely be #1 pick. Or at least #2. We could even have 2 picks in the top 5.

And we may well trade Miller or Moulson for more picks as well.

So it's looking good for in a few years time. As long as we don't do an Oilers.

Good weekend.

Lynx won 5-2 against Dundee Tigers. Some great goals, especially this one to start off the scoring... (password to view it is "malcs")

http://player.vimeo.com/video/83966642

And then yesterday Sabres beat Capitals in a shootout, their first road win since November and first under new coach Ted Nolan. Ryan Miller making his case for being the starter for Team USA even stronger...

Good weekend.

Lynx won 5-2 against Dundee Tigers. Some great goals, especially this one to start off the scoring... (password to view it is "malcs")

http://player.vimeo.com/video/83966642

And then yesterday Sabres beat Capitals in a shootout, their first road win since November and first under new coach Ted Nolan. Ryan Miller making his case for being the starter for Team USA even stronger...

Hope he doesn't get overlooked because he plays for the Sabres (no offense).

• 2 months later...

Sabres have clinched 30th. EMBRACE THE SUCK!! ALL HAIL THE TANK COMMANDER!!! etc

Watched last nights Sabres @ Flyers game. I hate Zac Rinaldo. Always have. When he scored I said out loud "I hate Zac Rinaldo."

He must've heard me, cos he gave me reason to fucking hate him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/zac-rinaldo-020611171.html

Enjoy your suspension, fuckface.

I hate this last minute playoff clinching bullshit. If we get 2 points from our last 4 games and Phoenix drop 1 point from their final 4 games then we guarantee 8th. Though we're 5 points up on the Stars too and I'd prefer to avoid St Louis by staying 7th.

Edited by HateEvent