aberdeen-music

Hockey thread

Soda Jerk

Having read some more articles the Capitals think they have been healthy for the first time these last couple of weeks and went 5-1-1 in their last 7...

Still trading a top prospect for a decent player for now... they have to make playoffs and maybe win the first series to make it worth while.  At least.

They've gone 5-1-1 against 5 shit teams, Sabres being one of them. They'd get knocked out in 5 games of the first round, with or without Erat. They're gonna trade away a possible future core player for a rental to make the playoffs? Stupid move.

They've gone 5-1-1 against 5 shit teams, Sabres being one of them. They'd get knocked out in 5 games of the first round, with or without Erat. They're gonna trade away a possible future core player for a rental to make the playoffs? Stupid move.

Totally agree but it sounds like a GM trying to save his job rather than help the team in the future.

And yeah, I think George McPhee needs to be fired from Washington if they don't get something together soon. Alex Ovechkin needs to get his game together as well. Too many times has he looked lazy throughout the season.

So I post this...and 2 days later Ovechkin goes and scores a hat-trick.

Looks like they may make it in after all. Even better chance if Sabres beat the Jets tonight.

Still don't think Caps will advance past the first round though.

WANT!  Sadly they're not making a BRUNNER one at the moment.

p15679781dt.jpg

They look great. As do the Alumni game ones. Was trying to convince Callum he should get a Mickey Redmond alumni one.

Also, I imagine the final ones will have a Winter Classic 2014 patch on the breast/shoulder.

Edited by Teabags

• 2 weeks later...

Flames/Wings related. I won't bother with spoilers, as it's been a couple of days... Mental goals in that game the other night. Bit unfortunate for Howard to be caught behind his goal with no support, but the skate>post>skate>in was blooper-reel stuff. Uncomfortable to watch.

Nyquist is looking better all the time at least. Glad he's getting more time on the ice. Abdelkader has grown as the season has gone on too. He looked poor early on, and now he's had a few games playing on the first line. Good on him.

Has anyone found an alternative to Stealthy? Mine just doesn't work at all now. It's incredibly slow when it does choose to work, and takes ages and several refreshes to connect to a game. I fear I'm going to miss all the playoffs, as it's pretty much all going to be televised, especially as the rounds progress.

Islanders/Jets

Best game I've seen this season, I reckon. Worth a watch if you've not seen it. Shame it had to be settled with a SO. Grown a bit of a soft spot for the Jets though. Their fans are excellent. Their arena is rocking during home games. They proper belt it out when they score. Was hoping they'd nick it in OT. Great comeback though. I hope they manage to creep into the playoffs

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't watched a single playoff game yet.

Hopefully gonna change that after work tomorrow and watch Game 7 of Rangers v Caps. Might also watch Game 7 of Bruins v Leafs as well. Would have watched Detroit's game 7 but it was like a fucking 3am start or something.

Edited by Teabags

• 1 month later...

I accidentally stumbled upon the score. I was going to watch it tonight without knowing. Ack

Still...

I'm glad the Hawks won it, and not the Bastard Bruins. Seeing Lucic skate about with the trophy aloft again would be shite. Cunt. I don't particularly care for the Hawks, but they've got a few players who I really dig. Kane and Toeeowooes(sp?) in particular. And the cup is out of California, which also a plus. It never should have been there. Fuck the Kings & California hockey in general

• Upvote 2