aberdeen-music

Hockey thread

Soda Jerk

Wings game was painful viewing. Possibly more painful than the St Louis game, despite the scoreline not being as hammering. Just couldn't score. Brunner looks great, and Howard was immense last night, but other than Kronwall, there's nothing good about Red Wings' defensemen. Bad.

Tootoo's 3 games have resulted in a 10 minute misconduct, a fight 3 seconds into a game, and a huge hit which probably could have been given as charging. Standard.

As much as I don't like Tootoo...that wasn't charging. I don't know if you can call boarding if its face to face but I don't think it was charging. He stayed on his feet and went Ito a glide long enough before the hit.

The Wings defence is awful. The number of 2 or 3 on 1s in the 2nd was inexcusable. Kronwall wasn't exactly amazing either. Red Wings need to do something cos that was bad. If Howard wasn't as good as he is, that would have been alot worse.

As for Backstrom's bad choice with the puck...Jesus. Definitely he needed to win that race but he picked the very wrong side to go with the puck. Yikes. Wild had a great game up until that as well.

Canadiens are looking good. Carolina couldnt capitalise but that was probably Garon for Tampa Bay had about a million highlight reel saves.

Duncan Keith saved a goal with his face. Tough as fuck.

• Upvote 1

Lucic is THE cunt. Brad Marchand is the only person that is a bigger cunt.

I have never seen anyone pussy away half way through a fight like that...and it's meant to be the toughest guy on the BIG BAD BRUINS! LOL. Go fuck yourself Lucic.

Orr is a psycho. Currently the only guy to have won a fight against John Scott.

Stupidly stayed up and watched Sabres @ Canes live. Seriously bad game for Enroth's first of the season. Better do better tonight with Miller in net at home. First loss though.

Watched game last night slightly delayed from live (I was still awake half an hour after it started so meant to jump into it live but it started from the start) on the xbox app. Worked a treat.

He's just too good, though he was anonymous in the opener against the Blues, he's been much better since. Man, that bandhand pass across the width of the ice last night. Phwoar.

Brunner has been a revelation. I thought Nyquist was going to be the guy to step up, but Brunner is killing it. I'm tempted to get a Brunner jersey, though I can't really pull off hockey jerseys. I look like a whiteboy rapper, like I should be one of the people jumping about and shouting on stage behind Kid Rock.

Just been watching clips of Coach's Corner from years gone by. Don Cherry is both utterly hideous and utterly hilarious. His opinions are horrid and dumbfounding, but he's entertaining, despite being an all-out xenophobe aswell as a war-mongering right wing lunatic.

This is great:

The World Cup should be called Canada Cup, because hockey belongs to Canada. Russia "sucks". Federov is a diver. He doesn't care about the Czech's despite being the (then) world champions. It's pretty amazing he's still allowed to be on television after all these years. Who knew a man could wear worse suits than Dwight Yorke?

It's a shame GCL doesn't show the intermissions from HNIC.

This Saturday February 2nd. Against Kirkcaldy for (hopefully) 6 wins in a row. Game starts at 7 and last week we got there at like 6:45 and it was pretty full. Shortly after we got there about another 150 people showed up and the place almost completely filled up again. So planning to actually get there for 6:15/6:30 this time.

Edited by Teabags

Excellent. The missus and I will be going. Haven't been to one before so looking forward to it. Are there any fights at this level?

Red Wings related

Smashed Dallas last night. Good convincing win, but the Wings still haven't netted in the first period yet. Seems to take a while to get going. Tootoo just loves to scrap. He's a massive prick, but I'm almost kinda starting to like him.

Attendances at the Joe Louis have been terrible so far this season. Detroit is a total ghost town these days anyway, but it hasn't affected the Lions and Tigers, so it seems. I think even the Coyotes are getting more folk through the doors.

About Toronto @ Buffalo last night

An ace game made terrible because of the OT goal. WITH 1.5s LEFT!?!?! I stayed up to watch that, I was fucking mortified. Leopold played that terribly. Went for the puck when he should have got in front of Frattin to prevent him going to the goal. Just a really bad defensive play. As were some or our lapses on their 2 back to back goals in the 2nd. Andrej Sekera's goal off the feed from Stafford was a fucking beauty though. Also, Brown's hit on Kaleta injured him menaing we were down to 11 forwards for most of the game and Weber had to sit for 10 minutes for retaliating about the hit.

Excellent. The missus and I will be going. Haven't been to one before so looking forward to it. Are there any fights at this level?

Red Wings related

Smashed Dallas last night. Good convincing win, but the Wings still haven't netted in the first period yet. Seems to take a while to get going. Tootoo just loves to scrap. He's a massive prick, but I'm almost kinda starting to like him.

Attendances at the Joe Louis have been terrible so far this season. Detroit is a total ghost town these days anyway, but it hasn't affected the Lions and Tigers, so it seems. I think even the Coyotes are getting more folk through the doors.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Officially it's sold out.  I think it's just because it's early season so the ST holders aren't all showing up.

BUF @ BOS

I've been waiting half a year for this. Dominated! We had alot fo defensive lapses in the second and went behind 3-1, then came back and owned the Bruins. John Scott made sure they Bruins weren't the BIG BAD BRUINS by pummeling their best fighter, Shawn Thornton, early in the 1st period. After that, Buffalo owned them in the physical department as well. Then Vanek just showed why he makes 7 million a year. Second 5 point night of the season and every goal he had a part in was a pretty one. Watch the highlights to see a pure offensive player at work. I hate Lucic but I have to thank him for being a cheap shot dickhead and boarding Sulzer before Chara pulled down Vanek to give us a 2:00 5-on-3 to equalize the score.

ALso, have to love the moronic Bruins fans on hockeyfights.com: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115466

"Thornton has at least a chance to score the gwg while Scott will warm the bench." Actually, Scott got a few scoring chances and even a partial breakaway while Thornton went straight to the dressing room after getting out of the penalty box and didn't return. LOL. Fuck the Bruins.

Sabres/Bruins

Buffalo smashing Boston last night was so great. Anyone but Boston. It was made even better as the I didn't wanna watch it with Bruins commentary, but the Sabres one wouldn't work, so the two Boston guys just moaned the whole time. Bruins coverage is unbearable, but slightly more bearable when they are getting hammered.

Scott putting Horton on his arse was also great. Not sure you could even call that a fight. It was more just Scott punching Horton until he fell over.

Sabres/Bruins

Buffalo smashing Boston last night was so great. Anyone but Boston. It was made even better as the I didn't wanna watch it with Bruins commentary, but the Sabres one wouldn't work, so the two Boston guys just moaned the whole time. Bruins coverage is unbearable, but slightly more bearable when they are getting hammered.

Scott putting Horton on his arse was also great. Not sure you could even call that a fight. It was more just Scott punching Horton until he fell over.

Thornton. But you're right. About everything. I was seriously disheartened when we went down 3-1. Then down4-3. Then BOOM. Fuck you Boston. The Boston fans are all complaining about Scott being nothign but a goon. After that fight, the Bruins were pansies and were more like the scared little kittens than the big bad bruins. Out fought, out hit, out scored, out played. Miller was AMAZING in the third period as well.

Also, saw this quote on YouTube...goes to show how classy Boston fans are.

"Not to mention Chara destroying Stanchioneretty with NO response. Montreal=cowards"