aberdeen-music

Hockey thread

Soda Jerk

I don't think Brunner can win.  He's like 6 months too old or something because he's already 26.  Might be wrong though.

Don't think it matters about age.

To be eligible for the award, a player cannot have played any more than 25 games previously in any single season, nor have played in more than six games in each of two separate preceding seasons in any major professional league.

So he is discounted for 2 reasons.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=24931

In 1990, 31-year-old Sergei Makarov of the Calgary Flames became the oldest player to win the Calder. After that season, the rules for awarding the Calder were amended so that players are eligible only if they were 26 years old or younger by Sept. 15 of their rookie season.

Came across this article that might interest a few of you - http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2013/02/06/draft-schmaft-a-post-lockout-analysis/

Calgary are going to be fucked for years with statistics like that. People are calling for them to trade Iginla and Kiprusoff, but given how terrible the Flames have been in recent years with trades - I'm not so sure it's a great idea. Reminds me of the bad old days of the late 90's :(

I don't mind if Calgary continue to be shit...2 years ago we traded with them on draft day for Robyn Regehr then this past year we traded draft picks to move up and get Zemgus Girgensons. So I hope they just continue.

I do think Iginla should try and go somewhere else to try for a cup ring soon though, Raymond Bourque style.

Blues @ Wings

Brutal OT loss.  Thought Howard had another poor game, Datsyuk scored from behing the goal like a boss but the Wings threw away a lead and were outplayed in OT.  Bummer.

Ouplayed throughout the second and third too, I thought. Wings seem to have one good period every game, and then get kicked in half in the other two. Very good in the first. Tatar looks great, and just keeps getting better with every game he's getting, which is good. Really sweet goal. Shit defence though. White is missed at the back. I'd like to see Mrazek get more games. He's so badass. We've been hosed by the Blues this season though. Hate playing them.

Watching Wings/Ducks later on tonight.

Bruins Sabres

yas. Only the second time Bruins have been beat in regulation, both by us. The 2nd period was awful but we dominated the 3rd to win the game. Good to see Stafford and Myers score and again, we were the more physical team. Hopefully we can start putting together some wins and climb out of the hole we dug for ourselves

Wings/Ducks

Bad loss to the fucking Disney Ducks. I said we were missing White, but he gifted them two goals. Ian Shite.

No Datsyuk. No Win.

Tartar looks great everytime he plays though.

You can give White a pass on the broken stick. Obviously not really his fault. But the other one was just atrocious D. What a fucking donk.

Pens Sabres.

After a real disappointing start Buffalo put together a real good game. Came back to take a lead only to lose it with just over 2 to go on a shot Miller could not see. Fucking frustrating to lose like that after playing so well in a tough came against one of the best teams in the league. To quote Miller "Its a shitty way to lose."