aberdeen-music

Hockey thread

Soda Jerk

Preds Avs

Literally NOTHING went right for the Preds. Mason kicked it into his own goal. If that didn't happen, maybe they win. But then this is just a complete fucking joke...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/predators-incensed-over-matt-duchene-blown-offside-goal-234431460--nhl.html

I don't think I've ever seen a more blatant offside than that. Duchene stops skating then realises he's in alone. WTF.

Preds Avs

Literally NOTHING went right for the Preds. Mason kicked it into his own goal. If that didn't happen, maybe they win. But then this is just a complete fucking joke...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/predators-incensed-over-matt-duchene-blown-offside-goal-234431460--nhl.html

I don't think I've ever seen a more blatant offside than that. Duchene stops skating then realises he's in alone. WTF.

Best explanation picture ever.

PDUASDKDSKADS.jpg

Can't be as depressing as the Sabres. Fuck this year.

Oh, and you can blame Callum from Draconian/Absolutist for last night. He was at Joe Louis Arena last night for the game against CBJ. That's the third Red Wings game he's been to and they've lost all 3. The first 2 were the first 2 losses after the huge home winning streak last season. He's a fucking jinx.

Wild @ Oilers.

I love when we play against the Oilers. The Wild's record against them in last 2 or 3 seasons has been crazy good. Even Backstrom is on something like 23-3-1 against them and that is saying something

:laughing:

Finally back into a playoff spot for the first time since the opening couple of games of the season. Better keep it this season!

Canucks @ Wings

Still ropey defensively last night but man BRUNNEEEEER, Datsyuk, Zet were on fire offensively.  Kronwall hit a nice one as well.  Hopefully that win sparks something for us, at least get us back in the playoff picture.  

Speaking of Kronwall we're still waiting for someone to get Kronwalled this season, few good checks but he's not absolutely wrecked someone's shit yet.

kronwalled_wide_screen_by_jimeye-d31k9wa

It's gone all quiet in here.

Sabres finally won a fucking game. Despite spending most of the second period killing penalties against the highest scoring team in the league, we limited them to 1 goal which they scored in the opening two minutes of the game. Fuck the Bolts.

Check out why I love Pat Kaleta: http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=208727

Marc Stall took a puck to the eye. BOOM. Ouch. Me and Callum have discussed that they should really be grand-fathering visors into the game as standard (with tighter rules about removing them before fights) but still...ouch. I guess he'll be wearing a visor after this one...

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=213695&cmpid=embed-share-video

Canucks @ Wild:

Forgot to record this one last night and wish I did - I love when we take down the Canucks. I wasn't surprised by Backstrom's stats against Vancouver, 0-6-1 over the last 7 games, so I'm glad that he was involved with a win this time round. 

All I can say - AGAIN - though is thank god we have Parise on that first line with Heatley and Koivu now instead of Setoguchi. What an improvement. Setoguchi is missing some amount of sitters. Cullen (who hasn't been having the best season either) has been laying them on a plate for him and nothing. No use.

Wings vs Blue Jackets & Hawks vs Oilers:

Surprised to see the Blue Jackets make it 2 for 2 against the Wings. That isn't very good. I haven't watched the highlights of either of the losses, but I'm going to assume that the Wings' defense has been as shit as the rest of the season to date?

Also, of all the teams to beat the Blackhawks, fucking Edmonton?! Christ. I hate Edmonton. After the first 24 game streak the Hawks had, I was hoping that they would keep the rest of the NW division at bay and do us a favour. I suppose, as long as they beat Vancouver it'll be alright. :)

Making visors mandatory and enforcing stricter rules for removing them before fighting certainly benefits both the safety of the players and fights themselves. I think if a player wants to fight, he should be taking even his visor-less helmet off before throwing punches. Punching a helmet can probably do more damage than a typical punch in the face in a hockey fight anyway. Black eye < mangled fingers.