aberdeen-music

Hockey thread

Soda Jerk

Looks like we've got the Bruins in the playoffs.  Hope it's a good series!

I seriously hope you can upset them. I fucking hate the Bruins.

We have the Avs. They've been playing great. Not looking forward to this too much! At least we made it though! :)

The last goal scored against Patrick Roy during his career was a Game 7 OT goal...by the Wild. Now he's coaching his first post season against them. Nice.

General consensus is Florida will most likely go Ekblad, cause they need D. Buffalo were leaning towards Reinhart or Bennet anyway, as we lack scoring. Also, we drafted two D in the first round this year, who were the World Juniors First Team D pair.

Still kinda of annoyed me though.

Now, what the Isles do with their pick, keep it this year and give us their one next year, or vice versa, is where things get interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sabres get Moulson and McCormick back in free agency, as well as Brian Gionta, and trade a 2nd round pick in 2016 for Josh Gorges (who previously denied a trade to Toronto).

Awesome day to be a Sabres fan.

We originally traded Thomas Vanek for Matt Moulson and a 1st round pick (which is next year, in a really deep draft). We then traded Matt Moulson and McCormick  to the Wild for Torrey Mitchell and 2 2nd round picks. We used one of those 2nd round picks to get Josh Gorges. So now that we got Moulson and McCormick back in free-agency we essentially traded Thomas Vanek to the Islanders for Moulson, Torrey Mitchell, Josh Gorges and a 1st and a 2nd round pick. And the Islanders didn't even sign Vanek. He's gone to Minnesota. They got a prospect and a pick for him in a deadline trade with Montreal.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Sounds like a good start to the rebuild.

We swung and missed on all 3 of the quality defencemen available in free agency.  Balls.

Boyle apparently turned down more money from Detroit to go to New York. Ouch. And I doubt Detroit wanted to give Niskanen the contract he got.

Josh Gorges refused a trad to Toronto but did accept a trade to Toronto's 30th place rival, Buffalo. Awesome. The Toronto media are fucking livid.

It's Ehrhoff that bothered me.  We offered him a 3 year but he wanted a 5 year deal.  Then he signs with the fucking penguins for a 1 year at $4million which is great value.

I think he's trying to play for his 5 year deal with another great year on a great team.  Annoying though.

I didn't want Boyle, he'd be a stop gap at this point, isn't he 37?  And yeah Niskanen got paid and we weren't going to give him that much.