aberdeen-music

Who are the 10 Most Popular Local Aberdeen Bands

James Willerby Jnr II

Before everyone says it's themselves, objectively from you own experience who would you rate as the best Top 10 Local Bands in Aberdeen at the moment and why ?

I'm interested because I want to draw up a shortlist for a music promotion a little later in the year, and I'm looking for the popular bands who I could ask to take part. Rather than making the descision of who to ask myself, based on my likes, I'd really prefer to hear who other people rate and would bother to go and see.

Thanks

James

1. Deadloss Superstar

2. My Decaying Leg

3. Griffus

4. Gilman Street

5. Project Ven:Hell

6. 10 Easy Wishes

7. Quik

8. Black Atom

9. Broken Sunshine

10. Point of Origin

you're welcome.

Cool, I thought it couldn't get any worse than those promoters who whine when the bands don't do all the pronotion for them, now we are at the stage of trying to figure out who may be a successful draw first to see if it's worth the effort.

surely all promoters do this to a degree? no promoter would put on a gig with a line up likely to draw no punters at all, particularly if you have expenses to cover. (though I've played a few of them tbf!)

• Upvote 1

surely all promoters do this to a degree? no promoter would put on a gig with a line up likely to draw no punters at all, particularly if you have expenses to cover. (though I've played a few of them tbf!)

Surely a decent promoter with confidence in what they are trying to achieve knows the type of show he/she is trying to sell and how it is likely to fare without resorting to Aberdeen-Music as a sounding board?