aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

.....only good thing to come out of Batley (apart from the biscuits) was Robert Palmer .........

Batley Bob! Went to the same school as my Dad, but 10 years earlier.

He switched on Batley's incredibly underwhelming Christmas lights on year when I was a nipper. I didn't know who he was. Good times.

Guest Cool Thinker

The old Pizza Hut on Union Street is still empty probably because of the stairs with no disabled access, who do you think will buy it my money is on Pizza Hut ?

The old Pizza Hut on Union Street is still empty probably because of the stairs with no disabled access, who do you think will buy it my money is on Pizza Hut ?

I think it's almost certainly going to be a food place but I don't think it'll be Pizza Hut. Could be anyone, like.

Surely it's not too costly to put in a lift?

Does the Beautiful Mountain have a lift?

That's a bit different - that's been around for ages. This is about getting that shop leased to a big company who're more likely to care about accessibility etc.

Edit: 2000 is ages to me, dammit

Guest Cool Thinker

The regulations now seem to be that you have to make everywhere disabled friendly and I think that is why the unit is empty, if the trinity centre added a lift to it then they might have a chance at leasing it, the views are good so would be good if it was used as a restaurant again and that was my point even though the pizza hut in Union Square is the same it just does not feel the same because the view is gone. The location was just brilliant. I probably remember this so much because everytime I wen't except one time I always got a window seat.

Guest Cool Thinker
Doesn't Aberdeen already have 2 or 3 of these, plus a stall in the Trinity Centre?

Bring back SHAKE-A-MANIA, or whatever it was called.

Aberdeen currently have 2 shops and a stall.

OMG (Belmont Street) - Does not sell alot of US stuff

Wowzie (St Andrews Street) - Sells quite a range

Wowzie (Trinity Centre Stall) - Same as above except smaller selection

There is quite a demand and these shops are really busy so another one won't hurt.

Guest Cool Thinker
That place where they blended ice cream and mars bars together for £2? Yeah!

There must not be much demand for it in the small city of Aberdeen, although there is demand for 4 The Money Shops.

Guest Cool Thinker

No, I will have some fun first I will break into the old empty place and pretend that I am eating at Pizza Hut, I wonder if there is anything still there.

Guest Cool Thinker
Probably some free pizzas. Do it.

The place closed in 2011 those pizza's would taste horrible, I always thought Burger King on Upperkirkgate were cheap because when they closed they left nothing they even took the sockets.

Guest Cool Thinker
Break in, then order a pizza to be delivered there, from Domino's.

If it is not Pizza Hut then it would have to be Papa Johns with their legendary garlic butter sauce. Would be interesting to see if there was anything still there or if they took everything with them like a bunch of cheap pirates well they took the sign even though they no longer use the logo.

There is a lack of pictures of the place on the internet this is all I have left of this brilliant place.

thumbnail.aspx?refId=2467858&refRef=img&style=full

Guest Cool Thinker
Still not entirely convinced that you are not one of my aliases, used solely for trolling.

If I wanted to troll you would know it and also you could not own my account your knowledge is not good enough.

• Upvote 1