aberdeen-music

The Olympics

ca_gere

Guest davetherave
bullshit, i watched a women get smacked in the face with a hockey stick crushing her jaw. she walked off the pitch hard as nails.
I think she played in the next game before going for an operation to get it rebuilt!

Women go through childbirth, it doesnt get much tougher than that! A game of footie or hockey is a stroll in the park by comparison.

We once played rugby against a bunch of women in germany, we thought it would be easy, most of us left the field bruised and battered and one guy holding his nutsack with a pained expression on his face, we only beat them by two tries and a penalty (for the nutsack incident)! Then we all got pissed afterwards and they even kept up with the drinking games, which involved German shepherds and riot shields!

Seriously thought the womens football has been properly impressive I do still think that the keepers are the only thing that lets the sport down.

Some very poor decision making and in some cases some just plain bad hand eye coordination. The GB keeper seems ok-ish but she is rooted to her line most of the time she doesn't help her CBs out very much at all coming and clearing stuff that she should.

Agreed about the woman’s football. It’s been a real eye opener for me. I remember watching the women’s world cup and taking the piss, but some of the Olympic football has been of a high standard. I’ve enjoyed it more than most of the men’s football I’ve seen.

That’s a guaranteed medal for our under 78kg Judo lass, Gemma Gibbons. She’s in the final against all odds, and it’s been exciting to watch. I saw her against the Mongolian – who was the favourite, if I’m not mistaken – and she won it in the 2nd last second, after the Mongolian pulled it level with 15 seconds to go. She’s up against some Dutch quine in the final now. Judo looks fucking exhausting!