aberdeen-music

The Olympics

ca_gere

Watching the diving with some colleagues at work. Top notch stuff. Shame Daley and Waterfield made an arse out of one dive though!

It sounds like they'd have got a medal if it wasn't for that 4th dive. From 1st place to 4th in the space of a single round. Hopefully that isn't the trigger for the press to start getting a bit doom and gloom about the performance of the team so far. Daley's been hyped for 4 years as a stick on for gold so some people will maybe see it as a big let down. But the 4th dive aside it seems like a solid base to build on in the individual competition.

Japan can fuck off!!!!!

Watched the gymnastics when I came home. So dramatic. Was just amazing for the GB team to get bronze (first medal in 100 years) but to think they had silver for 10 minutes was crazy. Going on the technicalities that the commentators were talking about I think giving Japan silver was the correct decision though.

Coverage in the US has been really frustrating. They seem more intent on patting US athletes on the back than showing actual coverage. Endless interviews and sob-stories rather than showing sports in which no US teams/athletes are competing. The NBC app is not bad though - can watch live events with no commentary. Still, would prefer the bbc.

Coverage in the US has been really frustrating. They seem more intent on patting US athletes on the back than showing actual coverage. Endless interviews and sob-stories rather than showing sports in which no US teams/athletes are competing. The NBC app is not bad though - can watch live events with no commentary. Still, would prefer the bbc.

Could you not just run a proxy or change IP/something like that and watch it on the BBC website? Not a computer person so don't know how complex the authentication is but websites based on region can usually be easily tricked. They literally have everything on the website to watch.

Could you not just run a proxy or change IP/something like that and watch it on the BBC website? Not a computer person so don't know how complex the authentication is but websites based on region can usually be easily tricked. They literally have everything on the website to watch.

I'm sure I could but I just wanna watch sport on my tv if i'm in the lounge or on my ipad if i'm in my scratcher. It's annoying but it's not quite annoying enough to be fecherin about with proxies. Also, I kinda like having something to complain about. No ads is appealing though - maybe iPlayer would be worth getting after all.

I've been watching the volleyball (standard issue, not beach) a lot, mainly because it's absolute quality. The ball just bobs around for a few seconds then BAM, somebody leathers the absolute shite out of it. The rejections are quality too, albeit not quite as satisfying as those in basketball. GB are currently taking a bit of a tonking off Australia - I assume that's probably to be expected.

The handball has been amazing. I too would love to get involved with that. Is there a club in Aberdeen? If not I will join Soda Jerk and Woodsinho's two-man wrecking crew.

I've been watching the volleyball (standard issue, not beach) a lot, mainly because it's absolute quality. The ball just bobs around for a few seconds then BAM, somebody leathers the absolute shite out of it. The rejections are quality too, albeit not quite as satisfying as those in basketball. GB are currently taking a bit of a tonking off Australia - I assume that's probably to be expected.

The handball has been amazing. I too would love to get involved with that. Is there a club in Aberdeen? If not I will join Soda Jerk and Woodsinho's two-man wrecking crew.

any top gun high fives?

That shite has made volleyball unwatchable for me. Each and every single point results in a group hug, and often high fives as well. Even if the other side just wellies the serve into the net, the side who has just done absolutely nothing to win the point has to group hug. Just get on with it.

Guest davetherave

Any suggested sports for future olympics? A couple from me...

Olympic dodgeball - because someone being whacked in the face by a ball is always funny:)

Loose bikini womens beach volleyball - thousands of spectators just willing that bikini top to spring off ;)