aberdeen-music

The Olympics

ca_gere

Looking forward to the Taekwondo, despite the fucknuggetry that went on with the -80kg male selection. Also the running events, cycling and loads others.

Couldn't give a fuck about the legacy or anything, don't think it's going to have any big benefit up here and the fact it's being held in London means little. But I'm excited about watching people at the top of their sport and in peak form try to win gold. I'll probably end up getting too obsessed by the whole thing and start cheering on the poshos in dressage or recording the handball final on the plus box.

• 2 weeks later...

Got really irritated with all the hype then about a week before started to get excited. I am watching handball at the moment and its bloody brilliant. Going to the football tomorrow but for me the Olympics is all about those sports you never see or hear about, gonna try get some tickets for something next Sunday, they are releasing some on the website but prices are mostly extortionate.

Got really irritated with all the hype then about a week before started to get excited. I am watching handball at the moment and its bloody brilliant. Going to the football tomorrow but for me the Olympics is all about those sports you never see or hear about, gonna try get some tickets for something next Sunday, they are releasing some on the website but prices are mostly extortionate.

Handball looks AMAZING, I really want to have a go at playing it. I was watching some volleyball (non-beach variety) during half time of the handball game - that was good fun too.

I'm giddy with excitement now that the reality of wall-to-wall sport for 2 weeks is kicking in. I fucking love sport.

All the sports that are actually sports and not just sitting on a horse whilst the horse does all the work. Fuck horse hobbies.

The football has been good. The Spain/Japan game was ridiculous. Spain were dreadful at the back, and Japan should have won 4 or 5 nil. De Gea was the bomb.

Brazil are total fun to watch. They seem to pass the ball with flicks and backheels only. They've got all the skills but are crap defensively. All of the Egypt goals were a total calamity. Their games are going to be total goal-storms.

I still hope they win it though. They brought the best squad. They mean serious business. Srs bsnss.

So far today: Men's handball - really good game between Iceland and Argentina followed by a less good game with Croatia obliterating South Korea. Had the women's cycling road race on for the last hour or so which has been ace thanks to a heap of attacks off the front of the pack. Still an hour and bit of that to go but USA v France in the men's basketball has just tipped off so I think I'll watch that for a while. LeBron James. POW! John Amaechi and Mike Carlson are a mighty fine commentating pair.

Brazil v Belarus in the football kicks off at 3 - my prediction is GOALS.

Frickin' Sweet:

Watching a mix of football and handball tonight. I keep getting confused as to where the ball should be as I switch between screens. If you haven't watched the handball yet, you really should do something about it - well worth giving it a try. Weird but awesome sport.