aberdeen-music

"Shire and City" by Gordon Duthie Released Today (18/06/2012)

I'm glad everyone has a different opinion on the album and music in general. The great thing about music and art is that it can be perceived in so many different ways. How boring would the world be if everyone liked the same thing? I guess the ultimate frustration in the music world is the popularity of manufactured pop over alternative artists who put their heart and soul into what they do, but that's what makes alternative music great. You can find something that really strikes a chord with you personally and you can treasure it closer than any mass marketed music which is often impersonal and formulated. It's great hearing music that was made for an artistic rather than financial reason, it really stimulates the mind, body and soul. From day one of starting this project I knew that it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm proud of what I have achieved and I'm also happy to hear that other people have enjoyed various elements of the project. MilnerD, thanks for listening and I appreciate your acknowledgement of the effort put in over the project's lifetime.

• Upvote 3

Great attitude to have mate, you will never please everyone with anything you do especially music. Enjoy what your doing and dont let people get at you when they dont get on board with it.

Like i say, fair play for the effort and at least you upfront and open with what you think :) There are quite a few folk who could learn from that.

• Upvote 4

"An Evening with Gordon Duthie" will take place on Sunday 23rd of September 2012 at 19:30 GMT and will last between an hour and hour and a half. Please add me on Google+ and send me a message on there if you wish to attend the hangout. Five out of ten places have already been taken and the rest will be allocated on a first come-first serve basis. The session will also be streamed live on my YouTube channel on the night and those watching can send questions and comments here or through any of my social media pages. The evening will include a couple of live performances, a Q&A session and general discussion about the issues surrounding Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire and Scotland. All participants will also be entered into a raffle to win a limited edition signed and numbered physical copy of "Shire and City".

• Upvote 2

Yes you can stream Google+ hangouts live on YouTube, there are so many great tools out there now for musicians to broadcast their work and reach a wider audience. The internet music revolution has been pretty good to those outside the mainstream, it has opened doors that would have been slammed shut in our face when the large record companies controlled how music was distributed and broadcast.

• 2 weeks later...

"An Evening with Gordon Duthie" will take place TONIGHT at 19:30 GMT and will last between an hour and hour and a half. Please add me on Google+ and send me a message on there if you wish to attend the hangout. Five out of ten places have already been taken and the rest will be allocated on a first come-first serve basis. The session will also be streamed live on my YouTube channel and those watching can send questions and comments here or through any of my social media pages. The evening will include a couple of live performances, a Q&A session and general discussion about the issues surrounding Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire and Scotland. All participants will also be entered into a raffle to win a limited edition signed and numbered physical copy of "Shire and City".