aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Wiki have protected the Wembley FC page now.

DICKS!

They have, the shits! I also got this message:

Hello, I'm IronGargoyle. I wanted to let you know that I undid one of your recent contributions, such as the one you made to Wembley F.C., because it didn’t appear constructive to me. If you think I made a mistake, or if you have any questions, you can leave me a message on my talk page. Thanks, IronGargoyle (talk) 20:00, 29 August 2012 (UTC)

What sort of a name is Iron Gargoyle anyway? I really want to add him to the squad.

• Upvote 2

I disagree with Walcott bashers, and I proper don't like Arsenal, and I don't really care for Walcott that much so I don't know why I get so defensive about him, but he is a good player. He lacks consistency, but is there a winger who doesn't? They come under more scrutiny than players in any other position for consistency, because putting a cross onto the bonce of a striker is probably one of the hardest things to do, and if the striker doesn't do their share of the work, then it all falls onto the winger.

Theo's good anyway. His finishing is severely underrated. I think he'd kill it as an all out poacher like Hernandez. He's got mega pace, and his composure when he's right infront of goal is just bananas. I still remember that goal in the Champions League where he bombed through to be one on one with the keeper, and he placed it into the bottom corner from over 20 yards out. It looked like he'd choked and hit it too early instead of drawing the keeper out, but it was just a total twat of a finish. Mad skills.

It's not just that article, which should probably be taken with many piches of salt. Theo gets bashed all the time quite unfairly, in my opinion. Good player. Not the greatest, but very affective. Definitely the best England have in that position.

• Upvote 2

I'm sure there was an England game recently where they looked absolute mince until Walcott came on and he still got slagged off by most people when it clear that England's sole tactic should have been "give it to Theo". The opposition seemed terrified every time he got the ball and he got acres of space as they just kept backing off him.

Theo is a good player but he is seen as a winger most times he's played for club and country and he has neither the guile or skills to beat a man that doesn't involve just running past him. Problem with that is when he does just belt past the full back he has a habit of also running over the bi line or crossing to no one.

He needs more chances to play through the middle and to work on his delivery. I reckon he'll stay at Arsenal anyway.

Alessandro Del Piero might be going to Celtic. That'd be ridiculous.

While I would love to see Del Piero play at Pittodrie I never want to see him in green and white. The only stripes he should be in are black and white. Think there are a few clubs offering him cash though so it will probably never happen.