aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Jack Wilshere has taken Dennis Bergkamp's number 10 shirt. Good.

Some pretty funny Joey Barton stuff going on as well, they didn't tell him his number was getting given to someone else then he came off the golf course and saw it on twitter. Now it's just been confirmed they're shipping him off to Marseille for a year.

...poor Marseille.

I would like to see something like this with Lawrenson and Hanson. Someone to call them out on some of the utter tripe they speak on MOTD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2jqFd2-qI

That's great, and it relates almost perfectly to football as well. I absolutely fucking despise it when journalists/pundits/cretins say that a team lost it because they didn't try hard enough or didn't want it enough. It's the same when somebody says something like "Real Madrid only beat Barcelona because Barca played shit." It's ridiculous how many "professional" sports analysts are incapable of crediting a team for doing the things that have made a team look bad. If Wayne Rooney has a bad game against Newcastle it's probably because Coloccini bossed him, rather than "it just wasn't his night."

I would like to see something like this with Lawrenson and Hanson. Someone to call them out on some of the utter tripe they speak on MOTD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2jqFd2-qI

That's weird - i was just talking about this guy to a co-worker 5 mins ago. I love that clip.

There's zero balls in football. Noone is allowed to come out and just say what they feel. Everything is behind closed doors. Managers, players and owners have to do everything under a cloak of secrecy and the media surrounding the game provides absolutely no incite. There's a lot we could learn from American Sports (coverage, ownership, etc). If you don't know your shit and hide behind an arsenal of cliches you are quickly found out on ESPN.

We're potentially missing Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, Coloccini and Santon today. So our seven best outfield players, basically. Nice. A lot of them will probably make it, but we could end-up putting out a comedy team today. Xisco might even get a squad number. Remember him?

17016.jpg

Best signing. Thanks, Dennis Wise.