aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I also dislike these Serie A posers wearing numbers like 77 and 99 like they are wearing an American Football jersey. Match fixing hooligans.

1 for the keeps. 2 and 3 for the full backs, right and left respectively. 4, 5 and 6 belong to the two centre backs and one midfielder. 8 is the other midfielder. 7 and 11 for the wings right and left respectively. 10 attacking midfielder/forward. 9 all out striker. Squad numbers from 12 onwards are a little more flexible, as long as 12 or 13 is the sub goalie, along with 25. Antonio Valencia got away with wearing 25 because he is Jesus, and he'll kick you in half with his right foot.

Capdevila wore 11 for Spain. That doesn't make it okay because Capdevila is a horrible wanker. It makes it LESS OKAY.

No comprimising. Touchline bans for managers handing out squad numbers willynilly.

I love a fancy squad number, as long as it means something. See: Zamorano, above. "I can't be number 9? Then I'll be number 1+8." If somebody is, like, number 99 he'd better have a bloody good reason. Perhaps related to the number of non-bitch related problems he has.

• Upvote 3

So Chris Maguire subbed 39 minutes into his Shef Wed debut having barely touched the ball, welcome to league 1 son, hope it was all worth it in the end.

Ah now, come on, be fair. Sheffield Wednesday are in the Championship not League 1 this season. That said - the match tonight was in the Capital One Cup not the Championship. Against a League 1 team.

Shite.

So Chris Maguire subbed 39 minutes into his Shef Wed debut having barely touched the ball, welcome to league 1 son, hope it was all worth it in the end.

"Things took another turn for the worse when the Owls lost both frontmen within minutes of each other before the interval. First Gary Madine went off, soon to be followed by Chris Maguire, whose last contribution was to drill a low shot wide having burst free down the middle between two defenders."

Injured.

On Football Manager I give my first team 1-11 (obviously) then all my goalkeepers numbers 20, 30, 40, 50...

I number all my youths too, but only after my reserves. Never use the number 12 or the number 13 for superstitious reasons.

At big clubs on FM squad numbers can easy go into the 70s. Madness.

Cool story, bro.

Ah now, come on, be fair. Sheffield Wednesday are in the Championship not League 1 this season. That said - the match tonight was in the Capital One Cup not the Championship. Against a League 1 team.

Shite.

Is that what they're calling the Johnstone Paint Trophy now? Or the FA Trophy? Or are they the same thing?

Is that what they're calling the Johnstone Paint Trophy now? Or the FA Trophy? Or are they the same thing?

It's the former Carling/Coca Cola/Worthingtons/Milk Cup

Losing 2-0 at half time. Smashed them 4-2. Antonio was a snip from Reading. I thought they were going to want to keep him, after he laid League 1 to waste. Mad skills.

"Things took another turn for the worse when the Owls lost both frontmen within minutes of each other before the interval. First Gary Madine went off, soon to be followed by Chris Maguire, whose last contribution was to drill a low shot wide having burst free down the middle between two defenders."

Injured.

still shite and a tosser.

• Upvote 1

I see the papers are going on about RVP to Manyoo even more today.

It's a funny one that one I still think. Surely that will be really bad for Hernandez and Welbecks development? Not to mention the fact Manyoo don't have much of a problem scoring goals with the strikers they have, it's the patchwork midfield that's the gaping hole in the team.

I think 22 million for RVP is pretty good business. Shame he'll be going to another EPL team but 1.5 world class seasons out of 8 and he's just turned 29 with a history of being made of glass. Can't complain too much. Probably need another striker if he goes too.

Rumours that Wenger is looking at the Belgian Kevin Miralles? Who has a buyout of about 8 million apparently. I've not seen much of him but his youtube highlights from last season are pretty boss.

Its great business for Arsenal, i said it before, one good season does not make him the worlds best striker, or even close, and he is made of glass and likely to have horse placenta attached to his leg again at some point during the season, plus he seems like a total and utter bellend. Wenger has certainly been able to pick up some tossers over the past 10 years.

Don't want RvP. United don't have loads of money to spend. That money would be better spent on a player who is better than Anderson. Actually that doesn't narrow it down. A midfielder what is good and not fat or shit.

Rvp would do good, but it would blow all the money United probably have to spend in this window on an area which is probably the strongest part of the team, considering United also still have Berbatov! Midfielders and full backs are much more neccesary.

All the kids are leaving. Zeki Fryers was next in line for the left back slot after Fabio, but his contract is up and now he's AWOL, waiting for an offer from another club. There's no kids ready to step up for full back. On the pre-season tour, United played one of the academy midfielders, Tyler Blackett, at left back. He's not very good. Davide Petrucci looks pretty good, but he probably won't get given a chance, like Pogba, and he'll leave.

If United should buy anyone from Arsenal, it should be Alex Song.

Baines would be too expensive because he's English.

Interesting to see I was calling Chris Maguire shit back then and he's back on the hate radar again. There was a time in between where we quite liked him.

Alan McGregor seems to have been given the number 99 at Besiktas. Could be based on the average number of birds he shags a season or his expected number of minutes he'll play before he somehow fails to settle into Turkish culture and comes back to the UK.

Fa's going to Simmie's testimonial the nicht?