aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Ah, it's a good time to work in public relations. Imagine the money those guys'll be getting purely for spreading utter gash.

On the bright side, I'm making a Football Manager database with Rangers in Div 3 and with no money to see what happens. ;)

Are you also giving them NO PLAYERS?

• Upvote 1

This is Alessandro Del Piero's letter to the Juventus supporters as he is finally released from the club. The club wanted to reward Del Piero's services by retiring the #10 shirt. He declined this proposition because he wanted future players to dream of wearing the Bianconeri #10 shirt. TOP BLOKE!

"It ends here, my contract with Juventus expires today," the 37-year-old states in his letter, published in Corriere dello Sport.

“It’s not news, but knowing it is ‘official’ still has an effect on me. It is not a sad moment for me, there are no regrets or nostalgia. Not anymore.

"That’s because I’ve had time to think back over everything that happened in my last Bianconeri season, going further back and reliving the greatest dream I could’ve dreamed.

"All the memories, the joys, the triumphs and – to be honest – a few recent moments of bitterness... Today all these images flash in front of my eyes and at a certain point blur into one marvellous embrace of my final game in Turin.

“That is the photograph that encapsulates everything, the instant I want to bring with me always, the one that since May 13 has been printed on my heart. It cannot be cancelled.

“A while ago, before going on vacation, I emptied out my locker at Vinovo and walking out of the training ground I stopped where for many months you waited for me hoping for a photo, an autograph or just a hello... under the snow, the ice, the rain, the burning sun. But this time I am the one saluting and thanking you, just as you did with me.

“The players pass by, but Juventus remains. My team-mates remain, who I wish the best and will always cheer them on.

“Above all what remains is the fans, you who are Juventus. That jersey that I loved and will always love, that I desired and respected, without breaks or discounts.

"I am happy that others after me can wear the shirt and above all the ‘10’ that has always had my name on it since they started printing names on the Bianconeri jerseys.

“I am happy for whoever will wear it next year and happy that somewhere – in Italy and all over the world – someone is dreaming of wearing it.

“I would be proud of someone wanting to follow my path, just as I dreamed of doing so with other champions, other examples, other legends.

“From tomorrow I will no longer be a Juventus player, but I will always be one of you. Now a new adventure begins and I am as fired up as I was 19 summers ago.

“Arrivederci. Thanks for everything.

"Alessandro."

• Upvote 6

Pogba quitting is shite. He somehow thinks he's going to walk into the Juventus side. Their midfield is the bollocks, and as well as Pogba, they've just bought Isla and Asamoah. Isla is primarily a full back, but can play in Pogba's deep lying position too. He's got no chance. With United he's up against Giggs and Scholes who are most likely about to enter their last season. Fletcher might never play again. Anderson is fat and injured always. His only serious competition is Carrick. This year probably would have been his year. Oh well. He'll just be benchwarming in a nicer country. Good move.

Pogba quitting is shite. He somehow thinks he's going to walk into the Juventus side. Their midfield is the bollocks, and as well as Pogba, they've just bought Isla and Asamoah. Isla is primarily a full back, but can play in Pogba's deep lying position too. He's got no chance. With United he'g to Giggs and Scholes who are most likely about to enter their last season. Fletcher might never play again. Anderson is fat and injured always. His only serious competition is Carrick. This year probably would have been his year. Oh well. He'll just be benchwarming in a nicer country. Good move.

Juve do have pretty decent youth ranks though? I dunno, just guessing here. Pogba is the shit on FIFA and that's all I know about him.

I'm sure Juve will get something out of him eventually. They might even loan him out. United also have good youth ranks though, and have been scooping trophies pretty much every season. He's got a well renowned tosser agent. A free transfer seems to equate to massive signing on fee. Wonga.

I think Juve will probably loan Pogba out sometime this window as he's joining a very good squad with an incredibly crowded central midfield. Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah, Isla, Padoin, Marrone, Pazienza, Melo... he's not going to get a look-in. A couple of them will probably be flogged soon, but still. That's quite a list.

Juve will wreck people this season. That's an outrageous list of CMs, and their defence is pretty beasting too. Chiellini, Bonucci and Barzagli are all bosses, while Caceres is very good cover. Giovinco has come back after a belting season at Parma, so hopefully he can finally start turning it on for the Old Lady (WAHEY!). They're a bit lacking on the wings (Krasic hasn't played well since 2010, Elia looks like a terrible fit, Giaccherini isn't there yet and Pepe is little more than a good, hard-working all-rounder) but I have feeling they'll play with full-on wing-backs. Lichsteiner and Isla on the right and left respectively. Up front they're not brilliant either, but I think they'll sign a top striker soon. Matri is alright, Vucinic is ace when he's on-form but awful when he can't be arsed and Quagliarella is a scorer of great goals but not a great goalscorer. I'm pretty sure Iaquinta is still there, if he's still alive.

Word on the street is Inter have released Lucio as his contract has expired. Juve seem to be favourites to nab him.

They're going to win the Champions League.

Yeah, he'll be good cover. Definitely shouldn't be starting, but he's so much fun to watch with his crazy forward runs. I love Lucio. He's clearly a massive bastard, but he's such an entertaining lunatic.

The Holt situation was probably just a big ploy for Holt to get a bumper new contract anyway. I could never understand why, money aside, he'd want to leave Norwich.

In fairness the original report was he wanted a new contract for 3 years and the chairman flat out told him, "No you're too old". Could see why that would push his hand into strong arm tactics.

Seemed a bit ridiculous as well he wasn't their top payed player as well, captain and striker who scored 17 goals to help keep them up.