aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

We've signed some lad called Gael Bigirimana from Coventry for a million smackers. Any Championship hawks know if he's any deece? All I know is that he likes Tiote and wants to be his "friend". Good luck with that, mate. Your forehead's nowhere near big enough.

0,,10278~11022083,00.gif

I've only seen him play a small handful of times. Made some Makelele style crunching slide tackles. Loves to get stuck in. He's not scored yet but I saw him smack one on the volley and it smashed off the cross bar and hung in the air for ages. Traction engine-like foot.

Lots of Coventry fans were rabbiting on about how he's going to be the next Essien, and then now he's left Coventry, they've changed they're tune and he's no longer good enough.

What's the Newcastle scoop on Tiote? Is the 20 million price stated still there? He gets linked with one of the big 4 every other week.

Trying to think of a joke about the Cheik bouncing...

What's the Newcastle scoop on Tiote? Is the 20 million price stated still there? He gets linked with one of the big 4 every other week.

I think we'd laugh off a bid of 20m, personally. Fat Mike is bloody great at negotiating huge selling fees.

• Upvote 1

Park is off to QPR. Never thought he'd leave until retirement. Probably for the best though. He was never the greatest.

QPR are going through the process of building the most mediocre team in Premier League history at the moment. 16th place beckons.

QPR are going through the process of building the most mediocre team in Premier League history at the moment. 16th place beckons.

Better than last season though, I expect a whole bunch of past it players to sign for them but are still good enough to just about stave off relegation.

When is this Rangers malarky actually gonna get sorted?

It's a shame Park is off. He's not quite the calibre he needs to be to play for United anymore, but he made a huge contribution in his time. I'll never forget that diving header against Liverpool. Phwoar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cObdK57-meI

And when he man-marked Pirlo against Milan both home and away. Park didn't even touch the ball in any of that game. He just kicked the fuck out of Pirlo, and stopped him from being able to play. He probably just stood next to him and said "Not touching, can't get mad! Not touching, can't get mad!" for 180 minutes. Good lad.

I think he'll be a good player for a mid table club, and for £2million, that's quite a steal considering his experience and how hard he'll work. He'll get stuck in and make life difficult for anyone and his off the ball movement is some of the best around, always testing the discipline of defences and dragging defenders all over the place. He's got alot more to his game than most give him credit for. Always turned up for the big games.

He's score a ton of goals too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iivKsQ3MOtc

He'll shoot. He'll score. He'll eat your Labrador. Ji Sung Park!

It's a shame Park is off. He's not quite the calibre he needs to be to play for United anymore, but he made a huge contribution in his time. I'll never forget that diving header against Liverpool. Phwoar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cObdK57-meI

And when he man-marked Pirlo against Milan both home and away. Park didn't even touch the ball in any of that game. He just kicked the fuck out of Pirlo, and stopped him from being able to play. He probably just stood next to him and said "Not touching, can't get mad! Not touching, can't get mad!" for 180 minutes. Good lad.

I think he'll be a good player for a mid table club, and for £2million, that's quite a steal considering his experience and how hard he'll work. He'll get stuck in and make life difficult for anyone and his off the ball movement is some of the best around, always testing the discipline of defences and dragging defenders all over the place. He's got alot more to his game than most give him credit for. Always turned up for the big games.

He's score a ton of goals too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iivKsQ3MOtc

He'll shoot. He'll score. He'll eat your Labrador. Ji Sung Park!

Never mind Park, is that a St. Pauli player kicking the fuck out of a HSV corner flag in your avatar?

• Upvote 1

Better than last season though, I expect a whole bunch of past it players to sign for them but are still good enough to just about stave off relegation.

When is this Rangers malarky actually gonna get sorted?

Friday when the SFL vote, the key points are here - http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-vote/2201 the worrying point is

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the “Board”) to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

Anyone read the Craig Burley piece on the Record website about the SFL 'nonentities' getting to decide the fare of Rangers? What a cunt.

Aye total cretin. Pretty sure it's just a standard tabloid rant to get a reaction though.

On the other hand, 'Elvis' has went up in my estimations. He hit's the nail on head with this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/18741679

He's absolutely bang on with everything he's said there. The SPL and SFA have been dispicable of late with their comments and actions. Stenhousemuir have released a statement saying the removal of the £2 million SPL payment to the SFL teams will result in their club losing £50,000 a year and to compensate they'll have to scrap their youth system. The article I read that in this morning predicted this will be the route many SFL clubs will have to take. So much for the governing bodies promoting and encouraging the game in our country.

"Football for All"...except for everyone in the leagues below us, they can fuck off.

• Upvote 1