aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Neato. Dortmund must have been resigned to losing Kagawa a long time ago as that Reus deal was agreed before the season was done.

Aye, he was told he could leave at the end of the season apparently. Gotze will move into a more prominent central role with Groskreutz and Reus on the wings. Moritz Leitner looks pretty handy for the future for Germany, assuming Austria don't poach him back and Ilkay Gundogan is a solid looking midfielder in the same mold as Khedira.

There's so many talented younger footballers in Germany at the moment. Keep an eye out for the brilliance of Julian Draxler from Schalke as well!

Dixon is probably the best actual pundit they have on MOTD though. Hansen and Lawro just hate football and Shearer is hopeless.

I love it when Lawro's in a bad mood, the all time highlight was at the last World Cup when he lost the head with Jake Humphrey after he suggested that Switzerland should be a better footballing nation due to their near "proximity to France and Italy".

I'm just glad McCarthy's been back doing commentary, he's a joy. It's like watching the football with a curmudgeonly Uncle who doesn't think anyone is ever injured, "Quick fuckin' rub with t'it magic sponge and that broken leg'll be right as rain...bloody jessie".

• Upvote 1

Fuck sake. Wednesday have signed that cocky little shite Chris Maguire. That halfwayline goal aside, he looks shit. Not even a quick loan. 3 bastard year deal. Christ.

Drogba was available for free. Should have signed him.

Sure Drogba would have loved to have signed for Wednesday if they could pay his 200k a week wages! Hell he'd sign for Cambridge and play in the BSP if the money was right! Can't blame him for getting one last massive pay day before he retires. Wonder who the next Chelsea pensioner is going to go out the far east? Hope its Lampard so he can take his goofy annoying bint of a bird with him!

Hope Spain stuff the frog eaters tonight, Spain v Portugal semi? Yes please! Plus the French are almost as annoying as the English :)

we been blessed this tournament with so many cracking games we just got used to it! Fair play to Spain who took the lead and were comfortable for the rest of the game. France were poor and never looked liked getting back into it once behind.

So one place left... England or Italy.. it is actually really to call. I expect a really cagey affair. Hope England win so they can cunted by the Germans (again)

Italy are going to be without Chiellini. That is huge. He is a wall. England could really exploit that if they have a go. They probably won't though. They'll "play to their strengths" by having "good shape without the ball". Grim. Play the Ox, Pass to the Ox, watch the Ox run. Win. Easy. That won't happen though. We'll let Italy have all of the ball and use Scott Parker's head as a second goalkeeper. I can't wait!

more fuel for the English media machine tonight.... Spain are beatable. they are piss poor etc. I'm half English half German when it comes to football I veer towards Germany every time. Two years ago I tried to support England I really did even put flags on the car but I really felt nothing towards England once they let me down on the pitch... jeez I have an England tattoo on my arm (done when I was 16 now 43!) so not really feeling much to my supposed home land. Think me almost 20 years in Scotland turned me against my homeland... nah!

tell me something people why do the likes of Hansen, Lawro and Keane consistently get accused of hating football? Is this a joke I have missed or is there actually some concrete evidence they hate the game because I have never ever got that impression!

Loads of players leaving Rangers is quite funny.

Rangers fans losing their shit about it is even funnier. You expect reasonably talented players like Naismith to slug it out in the 3rd division earning fuck all, when they could probably go the Championship or even the Premier League and earn a good £10-20k a week? Realistically they'll probably get promoted every year until they are back, but that's still 3 long years of not playing top flight football. Hopefully every player on their books will leave. That'd be pretty great.

Loads of players leaving Rangers is quite funny.

Rangers fans losing their shit about it is even funnier. You expect reasonably talented players like Naismith to slug it out in the 3rd division earning fuck all, when they could probably go the Championship or even the Premier League and earn a good £10-20k a week? Realistically they'll probably get promoted every year until they are back, but that's still 3 long years of not playing top flight football. Hopefully every player on their books will leave. That'd be pretty great.

AwJHdBWCQAECsEK.jpg

Heart-breaking.

• Upvote 1