aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Leon Knight commentating on his own goals.

This might actually be the best thing I've ever seen on youtube.

"He's only five foot six, but he can leap like a fish."

"I touch that one like I touch my girl; delicate. Just subtle."

"THEY GOT NO FANS!"

This video is fucking amazing.

• Upvote 1

Hearts are gonna vote against club 12 in the SPL, wonder how many others will follow suit? do the new huns not need seven supporters to get in?

that huns to buy bury is just someones over imaginative mind going into overdrive!

Ok, so Hearts, DUFC and Aberdeen (i think) have all confirmed. Motherwell are basing their decision on a fan ballot. Rod Petrie from Hibs has hinted he'd vote no - "sporting integrity is beyond purchase" etc. Vast majority of Tims seem to want them out, and Peter Lawwell is on record saying that Celtic dont need Rangers.

ICT, St. Mirren and St Johnstone are all fence sitting.

Killie are the only ones that are hinting they'd vote to keep them in.

Fuck 'em.

I have to say I am both surprised and delighted that Hearts decided to vote against the Newco. Hearts are a club who have frustrated me for a substantial number of years, because they seem intent on being the Edinburgh equivalent of Rangers, and it's just fucking dirty. They could be the Hearts of Edinburgh instead. This is a move that aims to separate them from the inherent Rangers connection, and I think it suits them. It's funny, though - to me, Hearts fans are like Australians; I can honestly say I have never met one I liked. Suddenly, though, the club seems to harbour a smidgeon of integrity. They are certainly the club I would have put at the top of my predicted list of Yes voters.

I'm not surprised Dundee United voted No - even as an Aberdeen supporter, I have always held a high level of respect for them as a club, and the dilligence with which they invest in, and develop young Scottish players. Good work, United. I kinda knew you'd do good.

I really hope Aberdeen confirm that they also vote against the Newco in the SPL asap. Things are currently looking positive, but I still think a Rangers of some sort will exist in the SPL next season.

I've not really aired many opinions here lately, but a personal one of mine is that I would be delighted to see Rangers fuck off and die a whimpering little death. For them to suggest Scottish football would collapse without them is evidence of an unassailable conceit that ought to be quashed sooner rather than later. Ironically, Rangers are like the Catholic Church - they genuinely think the milieu in which they operate depends solely on them; despite the fact they lie, cheat, and contradict themselves on a regular basis.

Fuck off Rangers, you are all cunts.

• Upvote 1

All the statements I've seen from Aberdeen FC, whilst making some comment about integrity and listening to the fans, have been ambiguous. I suspect they'll vote to keep them in. I'm kind of hoping they do because I've made it make or break for me decision on whether I can finally free myself from Scottish Football and do something fun and worthwhile instead.

The dons saying no does really surprise me, i expected Hearts and United to say no but not the dons, i guess this is why Millar has been made redundant with no replacement coming in, Milne has obviously restructured to accomodate no Rangers next year. Now lets see where they end up, there was a rumour going about yesterday that the SFL was putting something in place so Rangers could start in the first division, as this breaks the normal rules, but thats not definite yet.

Not getting excited until I see an official club statement.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120622/club-statement_2212158_2819262

AFC chairman, Stewart Milne, said: "Contrary to reports, AFC has still to reach a final decision regarding the 4th July vote on the Rangers newco. This is a critical decision which will have major implications for all clubs and the future of Scottish football. The views of our fans and the issue of sporting integrity will clearly be a major influencing factor in our decision-making.

"There is a great deal of speculation about the future of the game in Scotland flying around at present however I can categorically state that any rumours regarding AFC's financial position are ill-founded and completely wide of the mark. It is irresponsible for anyone to suggest otherwise. The changes announced earlier this week to the board and the executive are intended solely to significantly strengthen the club's position and help achieve our ambitious future plans."

Fuck's sake.

I think that statement has been made to shoot down the rumours that Milne was away to put the dons into adminsistration. They have been doing the rounds for the past few days on various forums. I think the changes were made because Milne is preparing for life without Rangers money, but to be honest i dont think it will matter how the dons vote now, Motherwell will end up a no as they are leaving it too their fans, Hearts and United already said no, Cally seem to be indicating they will listen to their fans, Petrie at Hibs has pretty much stated already he will say no and Celtic wont risk the wrath of the tims by saying yes, so how the dons vote could end up meaning very little.

I think that statement has been made to shoot down the rumours that Milne was away to put the dons into adminsistration. They have been doing the rounds for the past few days on various forums. I think the changes were made because Milne is preparing for life without Rangers money, but to be honest i dont think it will matter how the dons vote now, Motherwell will end up a no as they are leaving it too their fans, Hearts and United already said no, Cally seem to be indicating they will listen to their fans, Petrie at Hibs has pretty much stated already he will say no and Celtic wont risk the wrath of the tims by saying yes, so how the dons vote could end up meaning very little.

The only people who were spreading those rumours were Rangers fans. They weren't credible to any sensible person.

The only people who were spreading those rumours were Rangers fans. They weren't credible to any sensible person.

Depends, you see the dons board sack Miller, and a few top top investors leave the club and it could start alarm bells ringing. I never thought it was true, but i know that Milne is the only reason we have not already gone into admin so far. I think we live quite close to the danger zone in those regards, but Milne's financial clout prevents the banks from hounding us. I def think our budget will be cut for next season now, the "faithful" dons fans wont rush back to todders just off the back of this, but they would walk away if they find out Milne votes in favour.