aberdeen-music

Formula 1 Thread

Lemonade

It sounds like such a strange accident. The car was moving slowly at the end of the test and then just accelerated into the back of a truck. I assume it was a malfunction or she was taken ill. Terrible for someone getting their big chance in an F1 car.

It sounds like such a strange accident. The car was moving slowly at the end of the test and then just accelerated into the back of a truck. I assume it was a malfunction or she was taken ill. Terrible for someone getting their big chance in an F1 car.

Looking at the pictures from it, the tailgate was just exactly at helmet height, she probably took most of the impact on her head and neck. Could have been a fuckload worse. Think of Henry Surtees for example.

article-1341345866971-13E7E2CA000005DC-137878_466x310.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhiIDNUXmz0

Not often you see Horner on the backfoot during an interview.

One good thing about Sky is that they have two drivers who have been stewards, so can call the incidents as they would if they are stewards. It's also kind of satisfying that Red Bull are worrying due to things not going how they want with their blue eyed boy.

• 1 month later...

Good that they finally punished some of the terrible driving there's been recently. The crash at the weekend was awesome horrific and Alonso in particular was lucky it wasn't a lot worse. Grosjean has been involved in 7 first lap accidents in 12 races. Obviously something wrong there.

Maldonado's also been punished for more terrible driving.

Good that they finally punished some of the terrible driving there's been recently. The crash at the weekend was awesome horrific and Alonso in particular was lucky it wasn't a lot worse. Grosjean has been involved in 7 first lap accidents in 12 races. Obviously something wrong there.

Maldonado's also been punished for more terrible driving.

Yeah I was surprised when I read that stat. I've been impressed with Grossjean ths season but didn't realise he'd got into that many scrapes. Maldonado is a fucking tit who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Formula 1 car. See also: Petrov, Vitaly.

F1 needs maniacs tho. I love that there are these super cool under pressure guys and then this loose cannon fleeing about in amongst it all. You kind of want them to be in the Lewis Hamilton/Ayrton Senna mode of fearless/reckless tho, rather than guys who are just rubbish

You can have risk takers who are a bit crazy that don't crash into everyone though. Kobayashi is a good example. Tries overtakes other drivers wouldn't dream of but doesn't crash in every race.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So after the drama of Brazil and the weather conditions, Vettel may not be 3 times world champion due to overtaking under yellow flags. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20531638

I know it's the rules and all but if Ferrari appeal that I will lose the last shred of respect I had for them. It would be terrible for the sport if Alonso wins the title on a technicality.