16 Jules Bianchi Fra Marussia 2

17 Marcus Ericsson Swe Caterham 0

18 Adrian Sutil Ger Sauber 0

19 Esteban Gutierrez Mex Sauber 0

20 Max Chilton GB Marussia 0

21 Kamui Kobayashi Jpn Caterham 0

22 Pastor Maldonado Ven Lotus 0

:laughing:

Behind both Caterhams and both Marussias. How's that move to the front of the grid working out for you Pastor?

• 1 month later...

So standing starts after safety cars, changes to the nose, only four engine tests if less than 20 races - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28049442

Standing re-start is such a bad idea. All that's going to happen is more safety cars as the start is the most likely time for an accident to occur.  They're fixing something that isn't broken, the rolling restart is great and can result in passing.

• 1 month later...

16 year old Max Verstappen has a race seat for Toro Rosso next season. With one year of racing experience. I know the football adage is if you're good enough you're old enough, but football players aren't risking their lives at 200mph.... not sure anyone should be driving an F1 car with that little experience. Surely you need to spend a certain amount of hours behind the wheel to be granted a super licence no?

So yesterday Max Chilton lost his seat at Marussia to Alex Rossi due to contract issues according to Marussia, but he states he stepped aside to allow them to sell his seat to raise funds.

Now he is going to be driving after all, and Rossi is just driving first practice. Is this going to be the start of having different drivers every race for the lower teams struggling financially or is it just a way to generate interest to raise funds?

Edited by MattJimF

Bit of both. It's been done before, I remember I think Caterham bringing in (I think) Karum Chandok for the inaugural Indian Grand Prix and didn't HRT bring in a Japanese driver for Japan too? And I'm sure I remember either Timo Glock or Heiki Kovailenen sitting out a race or two.

With the back of the grid teams loyalty means fuck all. If they can earn some cash from ousting driver for another they will. Luis Razia was all signed sealed and ready to go for Marussia last year until Bianchi came along with deeper pockets. Do Ferrari pay Marussia to take Bianchi or is it part of the engine deal?

Chilton's fairly average anyway IMO.

Anyone else see Bianchi replacing Kimi before next season? (Or possibly the end of this season)

I really hope Marussia stay ahead of Sauber in the championship. Unlikely I would say but it would be a huge boost for them. Sauber have been sold now haven't they?

I think Bianchi to Ferrari next season and possibly Hulkenberg to McLaren. I think JB might be out of a drive and McLaren might shake it up a bit. If Hulk doesn't get his "big move" soon I don't think he ever will. Bottas is turning a few heads too. Vettel to Ferrari isn't too far out of the question either tho I imagine he'd have to negotiate his way out of a long term contract.

Caterham have been sold, Sauber is still hanging on, although I'm not sure if they are still chasing Russian money. They are registered in Swtizerland which is not adhering to the EU fiscal embargo of Russia so they are the best team in a position to take the Ruskie Rouble.

I have a feeling Ferrari may be looking for a couple of drivers next year, Honda are said to be wanting a marque name, and Ron Dennis has said he would happily accept Alonso back. There's also the situation if Mercedes support Rosberg winning the title, may make Hamilton consider a move back to McLaren. You also have to factor in what Vettel is going to do with Newey taking less of a role in the design of the Red Bull car and his lack of success compared to Riccardo.

Interesting times indeed. There's potentially a lot of very good drivers looking for a new drive.

McLaren Honda should bring in Taki Inoue. He's brilliant on Twitter.

"@takiinoue: 16 years old F1 driver !!! What a great news !! But it sounds to be something wrong. When Taki Inoue was 16 years old, wanking all the time like a monkey....."

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watching the inaugral Formula E race tomorrow morning? Looks like it might be pretty interesting, and them some handy drivers in there, 14 of the 20 drivers are ex F1, including Jarno Trulli, Nick Heidfeld, Bruno Senna, Jaime Alguersari and Sebastian Buemi, and Alain Prost is among the team bosses. If its a success it could be great, and an alternative place for those who lost their seat in F1 to come and prove a point. If its not it might be another A1 Grand Prix....

Unfortunately its only being shown on a pay channel in Ireland (plus I'm working tomorrow) so I'll be trying to find a torrent.

The cars sound so fucking weird.

Edited by Lucky Rathen

I don't get any of the ITV channels on Sky, which I usually don't miss tbh but I would like to watch this. My previous provider used to get all the Northern Irish channels so i did get a few extra UK channels on it, plus ESPN was free, which meant free Scottish fitba. But with Sky I get free Sky F1 channel so that wins.

Formula E was pretty dull, until this happened on the last corner of the last lap between the guys in 1st and 2nd. 

http://youtu.be/_KzzBN-YNA0

Looks like Prost's fault to me, swerved across Heidfeld and didn't give him time to react. Glad Heidfeld is OK, that was a fucking nasty crash. Look how near his head is to that barrier.

Overall, Formula E feels like some kind of weird exhibition, or a Playstation game. The racing is kind of dull, swapping cars mid race is a bit comical, and there is no need for dubstep music to be going on throughout the race. Very distracting. Also allowing the viewers to vote for three drivers to get KERS, fuck off. That's ludicrous. It all feels a bit too plastic at the moment. We'll see how it goes after a few more races, but so far I'd say off to a bad start. If it wasn't for the crash it would have been pretty forgettable.