aberdeen-music

Formula 1 Thread

Lemonade

I'm really struggling to get into F1 this season.  Think it's the split coverage that's doing it. 

It's not been a great season. There hasn't been any really exciting races, and there's not much competition for Vettel, RB are a class above the rest just now. Mercedes have probably been the story of the season with their 3 wins but them and Ferrari are so inconsistent, there's really nobody pushing Seb. It's been a bit of a Schumacher year.

Agreed though it's not as good watching the "extended highlights". I'm quite lucky that I still get all the races here live on free TV, although it's just the race, no build up, no aftermath, and there's adverts in the middle. Don't know how much longer that will go on for though, it is on Sky Sports here as well and they won't stand for that.

• 1 month later...

I don't even care if I miss it at the moment. So bloody boring. I didn't even realise abu dhabi was on last weekend until I was on the bbc website and it told me the result. Vettel should piss off. Hopefully next year's changes to the cars shake it up a bit and Mclaren actually remember how to build a car.

Perez out, Magnussen in at McLaren.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24903504

Seems harsh on Checo, he hasn't done much this year but this years McLaren was an utter shitbox, I thought they'd give him another season at least.

In other news Massa has signed for Williams and Kim is sitting out the final two races of the season to go and get surgery on his back.

• 1 month later...

The list of races to be televised live on the BBC in 2014 is as follows:

30 March: Malaysia

11 May: Spain

8 June: Canada

6 July: Britain

24 August: Belgium

7 September: Italy

5 October: Japan

12 October: Russia

23 November: Abu Dhabi

Less than half the races live on BBC.  Bollocks.

I did what I swore I'd never do and got Sky installed a few weeks ago. I got the HD box and they threw in the F1 channel for free for a year even though I don't subscribe to the sports channels, so I'm looking forward to seeing all the races live and in HD next season even if it did mean selling out to the man.

BBC coverage is pish compared to sky. Don't know why they even bother now.

It's a shame because it was so good when they had all the races, but when they lost half, and Brundle and Jake Humphrey it went badly downhill. I don't mind the guy on commentary but Suzi Perry and Eddie Jordan both really get on my nerves. Everything is a "disgrace" to EJ and everyone should be always be ashamed of themselves. He's the F1 equivalent of Jim Traynor. Coulthard is surprisingly charismatic though.

Mind you Sky have Damon Hill so it's not all roses.

It's a shame because it was so good when they had all the races, but when they lost half, and Brundle and Jake Humphrey it went badly downhill. I don't mind the guy on commentary but Suzi Perry and Eddie Jordan both really get on my nerves. Everything is a "disgrace" to EJ and everyone should be always be ashamed of themselves. He's the F1 equivalent of Jim Traynor. Coulthard is surprisingly charismatic though.

Mind you Sky have Damon Hill so it's not all roses.

I think Coulthard should head to Sky.  Dream Team.