aberdeen-music

Celebrity Dead Pool 2012

Lemonade

I don't think anyone will have him on their list as he's not exactly a 'celeb', but Tony Sly of seminal skate-punk band No Use For A Name (The band Chris Shiflett was in before he joined the Foo Fighters) died yesterday. He was only 41. No cause of death announced yet. One of my favourite bands when I was at school. Leche Con Carne and Making Friends were pop punk classics. Sad news. Up the punx!

Guest Cool Thinker
I always have that bastard in my list and he keeps getting my hopes up by going into hospital but always manages to survive, he'll probably outlive me!

It is strange to think he could die in Aberdeen of all places.

Very sadly Jason Noble of Rodan, Rachels and the Shipping News has died of cancer. I had no idea he was ill. He made some of the best music I've ever heard.

http://pitchfork.com/news/47386-rip-jason-noble-of-rodan-rachels-shipping-news/

aw man, that fucking sucks. shipping news are one of my favourite ever bands. i knew he was ill but didn't realise it was that serious. :(

Guest Cool Thinker
It would be strange to think he could die in Mogadishu. Him dying in Aberdeen, 50 mins drive from his holiday home, isn't strange at all.

He has millions of holiday houses all over the world, when was he last at balmoral 1912.