aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

Because after 10 seasons in Scotland if you do well, you end up so far ahead of the other clubs it becomes boring, the entire SPL becomes cannon fodder because the AI is no where near as good at building squads as the human player is. For a season before i decided to step in i was beating the Old Firm 5/6-0 away from home on a regular basis and its not satisfying to win like that. Now ive lost the league twice in the last 3 years and the game has a challenge again. Its also good for these clubs to have top managers when they have access to unlimted funds otherwise it gets pissed away very quickly on rubbish players. Creating the wonderkids is purely for fun and to see how the AI develop players i know will be world class if looked after properly.

The real time editor looks fun. I made a donation so I can use it, but I daren't use it. I've heard stories about it totally bugging the game up. I'd love to make some 15 year old kid at a semi professional club a total football virtuoso and see what happens. Or give said semi-professional club half a billion pounds in their bank account and watch them gradually take over the world.

The real time editor looks fun. I made a donation so I can use it, but I daren't use it. I've heard stories about it totally bugging the game up. I'd love to make some 15 year old kid at a semi professional club a total football virtuoso and see what happens. Or give said semi-professional club half a billion pounds in their bank account and watch them gradually take over the world.

I've never had a single problem that i didnt create on my own with it, the only times i have messed things up was changing contracts to end before they have started, that caused a crash, just went back in and changed it back and no problems. If you branch off a save first time you use it you will be fine. Its very stable and the the only reason SI wont support it or make their own is because a real time editor is a dangerous thing, and if used wrong will mess things up. Adding money to clubs, or making wonderkids is fine, as i said above ive done it heaps, no crashes in 25 seasons.

My Newport team is ripping league 1 a new one at the moment! 12 games in and not a single loss. Spanking in loads of goals already. Jake Reid is my main young forward now. 14 goals in 11 games. League one teams can't seem to control my full on attack. I signed Oxford United midfielder Josh Payne and he's turning into a local hero. Master of crosses. If no one's there to header a cross in he just scores a goal. Utter tank as well, it's simply his ball when it's in the middle of the park. I'm tempted to just shift the rest of the midfielders up front and leave him roaming the centre circle like a hungry lion, ripping the ball of people and horsing it into the box from the right flank.

Hearts keep offering me the manager job and nicking my players. My replacement for Codling, Knights and a decent defender Warren were carted off to Tynecastle in a purple helicopter with Romanov throwing job application forms at me out the side door. Cunt.

Luckily now though I've been able to get most of my players to sign contracts without a big club release clause (HEARTS?) which means Romanov can get ti fuck!

My team are utterly shite at cup footy though. Dick Yeovil in the league 4-0 away face them at home in the league cup the week after lose 2-0. So annoying! We won the Paint Trophy last season but it's not enough! I want to eat my Shreddies out of the F.A cup like I did at Arsenal before that reign came crashing down! I'm still in the F.A cup mind but my next match is against Chelsea who have been dominant the past 3 seasons. Shite.

Battling on though, the league is where it's at anyways. If we keep up this form we will be in the championship next season and the board will be building a bronze statue of me out in the carpark. Our 'stadium' is being upgraded from old cinema seats underneath an agricultural grade steel canopy to something a bit better. I think the lass from Catatonia is coming down to open it then get smashed in the Amber Bar (yes Newport has a proper pub in their ground). Mon the Exiles!

Well well well Newport County march on in their FA cup campaign. Chelsea can get it sooked!

Drogba sent off in the 29th minute after a injury threatning tackle on Harvey. He was already booked for shirt tugging. Dick. I bloody hate Drogba.

Harvey should be alright though. He's got a chest injury somehow but he'll be back in a months time.

We are still going at it 30 games in and only 3 losses and 2 draws. The championship awaits I think!

Gary%20Warren%20and%20Sam%20Shingler1.jpg

Good to see the kids enjoying the game!

Well well well Newport County march on in their FA cup campaign. Chelsea can get it sooked!

Drogba sent off in the 29th minute after a injury threatning tackle on Harvey. He was already booked for shirt tugging. Dick. I bloody hate Drogba.

Harvey should be alright though. He's got a chest injury somehow but he'll be back in a months time.

We are still going at it 30 games in and only 3 losses and 2 draws. The championship awaits I think!

Gary%20Warren%20and%20Sam%20Shingler1.jpg

Good to see the kids enjoying the game!

Those kids are about to batter the mascot.

After pulling Cheltenham from bottom of league 1 to a respectible mid table postion in the tail end of last season, I spent the close season punting the dead wood (half the squad) and assembling a dream team of free transfers and low cost signings. My big money transfer was one Stuart Cunningham, who I picked up for £250k from Scunthorpe. He's done well so far, with 8 goals in 10 games. The highlight of the season so far has been this:

leaguecupgiantkilling.jpg

A hard fought victory!

leaguecupgiantkillingratings.jpg

Unfortunately, Cunningham has picked up a twisted knee and is out for the next three weeks.

Queen's Park what a brilliant challenge! Amateur status means no dicking about with worrying about transfer or wage budgets, first game in the challenge cup against first division Ayr at Hampden, lost on pens after a 2-2 draw, only went and drew them in the league cup - away and all... dicked them 3-1 then spanked Peterhead 3-0 first league game of the season!

In my game Rangers are floating about the bottom of the SPL.

They are currently managed by this fella

364px-Gordon_David_Strachan.jpg

Either a sign he's past it or trolling at it's finest.

The jobs managers take in FM are great.

McCoist got hoofed from Rangers in 2014, then he was manager at Hearts for a year. (It was him that stole a few of my players) and now he's the manager of DUN DUN DUN Liverpool! Kenny Daglish has been the manager at Liverpool three different times! He's now the manager of the Welsh national team. André Villas-Boas is shouting orders at Old Trafford, Mancini is at Sunderland and André Villas-Boas is doing Wenger proud at Arsesnal.

Former England star and FIFA 2000 cover star Sol Campbell is dominating the Premier League with Man City.

fifa2000palfrontaz7.jpg

Man City have yet to lose a game this season. They've played 34 matches and have 102 points. That's right, they've won every game so far! Properly mental. I'm tempted to try not to get to the premier league to avoid a butt fucking from big Sol.

In other news, Greece, undeterred by political and economic turmoil have somehow crafted a national team that laugh when they get chucked in a World Cup group with Italy, Brazil and Germany. Winning the world cup with only 2 goals conceded.

It's now 2017 and in the five short years I've put in the game has changed the world of football incredibly. Rooney is shite these days. Got flogged to Inter in 2014 and I haven't seen him mentioned since! He doesn't even get a game for England these days! He's likely turned into this generations Beckham and sits around his mansion getting tattoos and wearing pants that are too small for him.

Newcastle in the bottom half of the championship table whilst at the top Leeds United seemingly can't be stopped according to the press.

Utterly mental is Football Manager.

Utterly mental is Football Manager.

A large amount of the fun with FM is seeing what the football world looks like in the future. Fergie, Wenger, Redknapp and Dalglish all retired on the same day in my game's 2016, and four utterly useless managers took their places. Was proper gold. I think Martin Poulsen and Kenny Jackett were among the new blood in the big five.