aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

Saturday night after a long week at work, loads of red wine and pringles in at HQ, some DVD's to watch after listening to Cambridge United commentary and shall spend the evening playing Bayern Munich on FM12, on the mid winter break now, still got 20 million to spend but shall spend that at the end of the season on promising youngster, a load of dead wood moaning 30 somethings will be leaving when their contracts expire end of the season! Got Ajax in the champions league 1st Knockout round.

Anyone else ever played in Mexico? It's a great little league and you can build brilliant sides of great youngsters, does suffer from the South American problem of players wanting to move to Europe ASAP.

If you're Bayern, make sure you promote Emre Can from your reserve side ASAP. I signed him in my United game. He was utterly fantastic. Plays at centre back, defensive midfield and full back. The German Phil Jones, but develops even better if you give him plenty of game time. Him and Schweinstiger in midfield would be the bollocks!

I like long term games, started at Cambridge took them to Premier League title and Champions League final which I lost to Real madrid then added loads of European Leagues and ended up at P Ferriera before getting the Bayern job, longest I ever player was into the late 2040's!

So so so the mighty Newport marches on!

After picking up the job at the tailend of the season I somehow managed to get through to the Blue Square Playoffs. I lost but it gave the board a huge hard on for me. The decided next season that they expected me to get to the playoffs again so no pressure for my first full season in charge!

The first 2 months were pretty poor. I suffered a fair few injurys pre season so for my first premier game I had to use a 4-3-3 formation in order for my available players to all play in a position they were comfortable in. Goals galore. We smashed Grimsby a new one

Turns out my regen player isn't one at all. He's Lewis Colding.

codling.jpg

He used to play for Everton's under 18's. He's 23 now and what a machine he is. 4 goals in his debut match and this set the tone for the rest of the season. I left my formation as 4-3-3 for pretty much the rest of the season.

We got knocked out of the FA cup early on by Aston Villa then it was all about the league.

For the first half of the season we seemed plagued by bad luck. Injuries left right and centre. One game against Gateshead I had to play our reserve keeper in defence! Mental! We were floating around 10th place and were 15 points off being in the playoffs. The board will have my balls for this I thought, so I overhauled my training schedules, tactics and player roles. Then something happened. No one was injured and the team just went mental. The form was found. Codling became the Messi of Wales. In 5 back to back games he scored 25 goals!! We steamrolled up to 4th place and on the last day of the season we smashed Forest Green Rovers 9-1 replacing them in 3rd place. The playoffs were sealed! We finished the season with 109 goals on the books, 45 scored by Lewis Codling. Highest scoring striker in Europe! His value has sky rocketed! Winner!

First play off against Gateshead we won 6-2 on aggregate. We then had Grimsby in the final.

Grimsby despite our 5-2 smashing at the start of the season had gone on to have a pretty good run. They were 2nd in the League a good 8 points clear of me. The game started off badly. Grimsby scored an 8th minute goal then another just before half time. We got pumped on possession and pretty much every other statistic. I dished out some quarter oranges at half time and went and loaded the bus with tissues, Adeles new album and some supermarket lager for the journey home so the boys could let their dissapointment out.

2nd half started and Grimsby found the back of the net after a fumbling corner. Gutted. I knew it was over.

Then Codling must of caught wind that I had loaded Adele into the bus' c.d player. 'I'm not listening to that tripe' he said and in the 60th minute scored a 20 yard screamer. 2 minutes later Grimsby were picking the ball out of the net again after a stunning long ball by Veles into the feet of Knights. The 88th minute came and forward Elliot Buchanan was taken off after a nasty challange that earned Grimsby a yellow card. Young striker Jake Reid replaced him and after two minutes on the park scored a dramatic equaliser!

At this point I couldn't believe what was happening. It will go to penalties, I thought.

The 96th minute rolled in and Codling 35 yards out seen the Grimsby keeper off his line and let one fly. In slow motion it smashed off the post and into the back of the net. YAS!

The ref must of had his whistle to his lips to blow for full time. Instead he was giving Newport an incredible last second goal.

The lads couldn't believe it. Codling just earned himself a bronze statue and at least 100,000 youtube views.

So now we are facing a tough season in League 2 but the boards came through and offered me a fuck ton of cash for transfers and wages. I'll probably up my current lads wages though rather than draft in new players. The board also told me that they understand how tough a season this is going to be and have assured me of their full support.

I'm still buzzing from the playoffs. Proper excitement! Can't believe my luck.

Newport_County_Conference_South_Champions_2010.jpg

The Exiles march on!!

• Upvote 1

Bah cannot get the work this morning, think the Steam programme is playing up. Am still unbeaten as Bayern manager 15 odd games in and top of the league - fighting it out with Schalke with 7 games to go. Also in champions league quarter final but got one of the hardest draws - Real Madrid! Oh its working again as I type this - can squeeze in a couple of games before trudging off to watch some real football at Cambridge United... using the word football in the loosest sense of the word!

I know.

'Because Hearts meet the big club critera you cannot reject this offer'

I was just sitting saying 'Hearts? HEARTS?' over and over.

Still so so mad about it all. They poached one of my defenders as well the purple cunts.

I think it's all because I turned down their job offer.

Currently sitting 4th in my first season in League 2. Had to bring up a couple of reserve players to fill the gaps in the squad until the next transfer window. They are doing alright which is surprising. Anyone else have issues with small clubs wanting incredible sums of money for players valued at a few thousand?

I decided to do a second season with Man United - despite being offered Barca, Real and Inter jobs - and I was given 50 million to improve the squad. How can you improve a squad that just won the EPL, Champions League and the Lager Cup?! Well, you buy Yohann Gourcuff for £9mm, Jan Vertonghen for £12.75mm, Andrea Poli for £18mm and about 7 promising youngster for £10mm! Anderson got sold for £10mm and I’m trying to get rid of £90k a week Ashley Young and “I want out” Tom Cleverley. Had a £30mm bid for Nani from Madrid, which I accepted ‘cause I hate that guy, but he couldn’t agree personal terms. Cunt. I could have used that money to replace him and strengthen other areas even more. I also got Pogba back from a season at Braga on loan. He got an average rating of 8.3 and played 35 games for them. He is awesome now. Handed him the #16 jersey. My midfield are ridiculously talented and with the quality of players I have to rotate, I could see myself winning everything this season. Spanked Spurs in the community shield with a team of under 21s and beat a very strong Arsenal (runners up in the league the previous season) 0-4 at the Emirates, so far, Jovetic scored 4 goals in that game…

It gets a bit boring when it’s this easy. I might have a look at the vacant jobs throughout the season and take a shite job, just so I can feel something again.

I always end up getting attached to a team that's shite. Newport in this case. I'm tempted to buy a strip and tracksuit from their website so I can sit and play FM in it.

You may think you get attached, but this guy pisses over your attachment when compare to his.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/269302-I-have-fallen-in-love-with-my-FM-Club-so-much-that-I-am-flying-abroad-to-watch-them!

(you should be able to read that without signing up)

I canna read it cos its blocked at work :(

What team is it?

Basically he flew from Austrialia to Holland to watch some team FC Oss with a guy from Wales because they both managed them in FM and made a pact that if the team got promoted they would go to a game, got to meet the staff and everything from the club.

I canna read it cos its blocked at work :(

What team is it?

Here's what he said:

I have fallen in love with my FM Club so much that I am flying abroad to watch them!

Sorry, i know this isn't really about the game itself but I wanted to share. I have really only played one save on FM this year, FC Oss. For those that don't know they are in the Dutch 3rd tier and doing Gundo's challenge they got promoted to the Erste Division. Now my best mate, in Wales, also did the challenge and got the same team and we both fell in love with the club. We made a deal, if they ever won promotion IRL to the Erste we would go watch them, well that happened and on the 14th of October we are both flying to Amsterdam then getting a train to Oss to watch them against Veenam.

I contacted the club and they want to run up a little story on their website about us coming over and thankfully are being really helpful with regards to getting us tickets etc.

Anyway, apologies again for posting a non PC related thread but most of us are active here and I wanted to share
icon_smile.gif

Thanks all.