- Go to Users

- Go to your home (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2012

- Delete all contents in this folder.

try this see if it works.

Aaaaaaye mate, did all that as well as reinstalling. My internet is capped so I can't delete/reinstall too many times see. Doesn't matter, I'll sort it out some other time. :)

Ah bollocks, now the game (the actual game) won't even start. Hate it when this happens.

Edit: Hmph, had to manually download the steam patch thing. Hate steam.

Sorry man, my knowledge of sorting MAC problems is very limited, but i wouldnt bother the constant un-installing. The cache thing is the only thing i can find on the SI forums, only other option really is to sign up and post in the bugs forum, they are good on there, they will get back to you very quickly and walk you through fixing issues like that.

Sorry man, my knowledge of sorting MAC problems is very limited, but i wouldnt bother the constant un-installing. The cache thing is the only thing i can find on the SI forums, only other option really is to sign up and post in the bugs forum, they are good on there, they will get back to you very quickly and walk you through fixing issues like that.

I'm now trying to defrag the cache, whatever that means, see if that does it for me. As I say the Editor isn't all that important at the minute. Thanks for the help like. :)

;):love:

I don't get it. :( :(

Started a new game with Spanish Segunda Division B side Leganés. Their very ugly page on Wikipedia states that they've been floating in this division like a mouldy toldy since 2004, but for some reason the media think we're title contenders. From what I've seen of them (read: One friendly against an amateur side) no way in fuck are we that good. Got friendlies with Liverpool and Atlético to look forward to, before getting slaughtered for realsies.

Haven't a goddamn clue how to sign decent free players. My sole scout has both "Judging Player" stats below 9 so I wouldn't trust him to water my front lawn let alone run the rule over random Spaniards. I signed a striker with 16 pace (pace = goodsies) and got a left back in, too, both of which my assistant insists will be shit. I guess we'll see, but neither really did anything for me in that friendly.

EDIT: These are apparently real life Leganés fans:

o_cd_leganes_el_pepino_que_os_domina-4772.jpg

That sign reads "the cucumber will dominate you". WTF?

Three quarters through the season of Bundesliga 2 and Big Bastard is taking the fucking piss, 8 points clear at the top. Utterly ridiculous overachieving considering I've brought in one player since taking over the reigns.

My best result so far was this 1st round Cup scalp

scalp.jpg

They smashed me in every department. Couldn't get the ball, and when I did, I couldn't get out of my own half. Had a few flukey chances, but nothing doing other than the two penalty area scrambles which lead to my goals. Totally undeserved giant killing. Karma caught up with me though, getting stuffed 4-1 by 3rd bottom Union Berlin in the 2nd round. That's about right. That said, morale is pretty good, despite all the interest from big clubs for my youngsters. Axeing Schiffmann for being a prissy little cunt sent out a message. A stern message that Big Bastard is the bollocks, and nobody else matters a jot. The board, the supporters, the guy who runs the Bratwurst van. Fuck them all. This is my club. Don't fuck about, or fuck the fuck off. They know that they are on the trail to big time football. We are 8 games away from the Bundesliga, so long as we don't fucking balls it up. Looking unlikely with the two Marco's, Christ and Yashin, keep banging in goals and running centre backs ragged like nobodies business. Got Liverpool after them both, but King Kenny can lick my arsehole before I even look at a bid, and even if I did, I'd reject it. Come at me, bro.

8 games left. Squeaky bum time, for everyone else but me. I'm a baller. Piece of piss, this

120.jpg

• Upvote 3

Haven't a goddamn clue how to sign decent free players. My sole scout has both "Judging Player" stats below 9 so I wouldn't trust him to water my front lawn let alone run the rule over random Spaniards. I signed a striker with 16 pace (pace = goodsies) and got a left back in, too, both of which my assistant insists will be shit. I guess we'll see, but neither really did anything for me in that friendly.

My strategy (considering I'm still on FM09) for signing players for nowt:

1. Create a filter on the player search screen that targets players who are out-of-contract or who's contract has expired.

2. Get two decent scouts.

3. Go back to the player search screen and get a scout report for every player on the list (some may be out of your scouting range, you can also filter those out). You need to select these manually and assign them to one or other of your scouts.

4. Re-scout anyone who comes in high, preferably with the scout who didn't originally scout him.

5. If they're still up there, and your AssMan (who has good scouting abilities I hope) likes the look of them, go for it.

I normally have two other filters for bosmans: Expiring_All and Expiring -(minus)the_country_I'm_in.

Once I've got all the freebies looked over, I move on to the Expiring -the_country..., which gives me everyone available 6 months before their contract is up (Scandinavians etc who's season finishes late year rather than summer)

That takes me up to January.

Then I move on to scout all the players who's contract is expiring, which is mostly those in the country I'm in.

Scouts are like doctors, never be afraid to ask for a second opinion because they're not right all the time. I find that it's very rare that two scouts will get it wrong enough to matter and (in FM09 anyway) your AssMan will chip in with his evaluation on the contract screen for freebies.

I've only gone and signed Ivica Olic on a free! £70k a week is breaking my £50k cap, but I could justify it as he's free. I had negotiated contracts with Asamoah Gyan and some Colombian guy who's name escapes me, but they can fuck off. They were going to cost about £12m! Now I have a top quality striker and still have £25m in the transfer kitty. I'm sending Yaya Sanogo out on loan for the season in the hope that he comes back having fulfilled his potential. He could be so good, but he needs to play week in, week out.

I think I've signed my fill now. 8 players in, 5 of whom are better than what I had in the first place. Man City are first up, and I'm feeling confident of a point at least. Got £25m in the kitty which can go towards making the clubs finances look nice. Did I mention I still have £25m?

2. Get two decent scouts.

This is where your assistance slips up :p I'm probably aiming too high. What would you consider a "decent" scout? I'm trying for folk with 13+ for both of the stats, but our wage budget will never stretch to that. I can probably afford £500 a week tops.

This is where your assistance slips up :p I'm probably aiming too high. What would you consider a "decent" scout? I'm trying for folk with 13+ for both of the stats, but our wage budget will never stretch to that. I can probably afford £500 a week tops.

I'm still on FM09 where cheap scouts roam free.

The point is to use the scouts to separate the wheat from the chaff initially. You don't really need anyone great for that job, you're going to be double/triple checking their opinions on the players they flag up as worth a look.

Absolute nightmare. In my noobish wisdom I signed a youth starlet for £7mil from Valencia or something - three years later his potential has gone from "quality player" right down to "decent player". Fucking hate it! Had to punt him for about £2mil to some other Spanish club, nightmare.

I signed a very promising 18 year old right back from Man United for 10m in my game. He wasn't worth that much, valued at about 2.5m, but you know, selling to a rival and all that. He's now 22 and out on loan to Aberdeen where he isn't good enough for their first team.

Yes, choose your young players carefully. I've just sent Yaya Sanogo, my finest striker from my first season, out on loan for the season to Pompy as an "important 1st team player" in fear of him not getting enough game time (i.e. playing every game). I have a few other youngsters out on loan and a couple in the 1st team. My greatest fear in life is my young players not reaching their potential. I'm also chasing this chap:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levan_Kakubava

but I think I have to wait till he's a bit older so he qualifies for a work permit. He looks very good. I fucking love signing centre backs. i have 100 of them.

Easy. Promoted to Bundesliga. 6 points clear. Morale is through the bastard roof. Every player, even the shite squad players who never get a game, are on holiday now getting lairy as fuck, donning their league medals on the beach, signing autographs on arses and tits and stuff. Lads. However, the board are making The Big Bastard Fortress even bigger, so more Johnny-come-latelys can come and oggle my sexy football. Where we you in Division 3? Gloryhunting scabs. I hope the Ultras set you all on fire.

I'll be back later/tomorrow with triumphant screenshots and swearing

WEISBADEN!

• Upvote 2

Still plugging away with P Ferreira in Portugal. New 27,000 all-seater stadium on the way though seems a bit excessive since we only have 2,000 season ticket holders!

Second season finished 3rd in league (predictably miles behind Champions Porto who have won the title an incredible 14 times on the trot!) thus qualifying for the Champions League. Almost made the group stages after comfortably beating AZ faced CSKA Moscow, got a credible 1-1 draw at their place before succumbing 2-1 at home after extra time. Never mind looking forward to trying to make a better job of the Euro Cup group stages than last season! Not gonna be easy though in my group are current holders Espanyol, Dinamo Moscow and Gaziantepsor of Turkey (never heard of them!!).

Big Bastard triumphs again. Here's the scoop:

leaguetable.jpg

92 smashed. 34 leaked. A decent return considering I don't believe in full backs. Back 3, front 7. If I'd have had a more orthadox defence, I probably wouldn't have conceded zero goals, but it's not about that. It's about charging forwards like a game of playground Bulldog, smashing the way through puny holding midfielders like they are fragile children. The Barca way? The BIG BASTARD way.

And I thought the second season was going to be difficult. I'm not sure what happened. Turns out the rest of these clubs just weren't up for the fight, and they got BASTARDIZED. Completely ransacked the league with both performances and statistics.

My front two attacking support strikers behind the target man lead the top scorers list:

fronttwo.jpg

30 in 32. 26 in 29. These lads are the bollocks. No wonder Bayern are all over my chairmen to get me to sell. They can go get dicked. Both are on 5 year contracts, and both are happy as fucking Larry. Every team talk I give, they erupt with enthusiasm like children at Christmas. They don't get in a piss when I started wrecking the dressing room with rage either. Hard as nails and shit hot at football. Fuck y'all.

The rest of the squad smashed everyone else in the league to pieces statistically too. Nobody can step this this:

ratings.jpg

goalsassists.jpg

Count it. 22 assists from big, fuck off Alf. The German Carrick. He owns the centre circle like it's private property, pinging out Hollywood passes all day long. Purely belter. Played every game too. He laughs at injuries. He takes knocks and runs them off. Pretty sure he could run off a broken neck or a bullet in the face.

I don't like this horse shit about adding two new stands to The Big Bastard Bowl, or whatever my ground is called. It's fine as it is, and I'm not liking these gloryhunting cunts coming along for the easy ride now we are big fucking business. They should have been there from the start. But no, we're going from this:

120.jpg

To this:

choreo0809_200.jpg

Soulless. I don't like it. I don't like it one bit. They'll be gutted to find out we don't serve Prawn Sarnies. Just sausage, and sausage pies.

Onwards and upwards. Objectives are to push for Europe, break Ribery's legs, sign a marquee name to show everyone that we're not fucking about, and convince Liverpool to let us come down to Scumfield for a friendly, and then lash the fuck out of them, scoring the winner infront of the Kop, and then letting the Ultras invade the pitch.

DAS WEHEN! OI!

butschertanzt.jpg

• Upvote 5

Motherfucker. Wehen Wiesbaden have been taken over by a Tycoon during the summer of 2013. I've gone from being something like the 18,647th (probably) richest club in the world, to being the 17th richest club in the world. Absolutely mental. Everyday, I get an inbox full of "Wehen hot on the trail of (insert name of global football superstar)". It's obviously good to have a chequebook with pages made of platinum, but my board confidence update has gone from "You're the fucking best mate" to "What the fuck are you doing?" so perhaps the Big Bastard regime is finally going to come to an end. It's not in the Bastard nature to answer to anyone, yet if I stay I'm probably going to have to make these chumps happy, by spending to compete. However, I'm still in the seat, and they've planted £113million in the club's bank account, and given me £60million of that to spend...

So I thought I'd splash a bit of dollar, since it's there, and it's probably what they want - and I could also be on borrowed time until they bring in a bigger name than BIG BASTARD, if there is such a thing. Signing big names with a minimal reputation (despite being able to pay top wedge) is pretty hard. I've had heaps of bids accepted, but these prissy prima-donnas want to take a temporary step down whilst the Big Bastard ship is steadied in top flight football.

I said my objective was to sign a big, fuck off name, to show the rest of the league that we're not here for the laugh. And I did, and here he is... They don't get much bigger:

Clarence-Seedorf.jpg

One final season of big Clarence. His stats are still incredible for someone who is practically 100 years old. However, before he signed, he said he had doubts of his fitness and requested the contract to be changed to a Coach position. I was a little bit gutted, actually. I blubbered into a pint of Weihenstephaner draught, but then I realised having the hardest man in football bossing the little shits around the training pitch is probably an unbelievable situation to be in.

Other players I've brought in for silly money:

Claudio Marchisio

Sulley Muntari

Moritz Stoppelkamp

Barry Bannan (amazing in 2013)

Ralf de Souza Teles

Naldo

And a couple of wonderkids:

Tomas Kalas

Lorent Flores

Michael Knotzinger

I've got a midfield 3 of Ralf, Muntari and Marchisio. Had 70% possession against Real Salt Lake in pre-seaosn just now. Beautiful. I just need to flog some players since I now have a squad of about 36. Out with the shit!

Operation: 'Beat the sack' marches forward.

Dominant 3rd season as Gooners boss. Domestic treble. Manager of the year. Jack Wilshere Young player. All 3 of the player of the year candidates are my players with Erikson winning it. Team of the year, my goalie back 4 all mine, midfield 3 of mine.

League table points 93 11 points clear of Citeh. 106 goals for 18 against.

They're pretty much building my statue already. Me, Tony Adams, Thierry and Arsene. Sexy bronze-works.

I've got a few manager of the year titles, even when I finished 6th with P Ferreira as the team were expected to go down! God I'm shit in Europe, another disastrous Euro Cup campaign with one win in five and four defeats knocked out before the final game again!