aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

I sold Chamahk in my game and he went to Italy and turned out to be a monster is Serie A. Top scorer and got African player of the year the last 2 years.

Maybe pick him up for around 10 million? Also Christian Erikson is my best young player in my Arsenal game, if you can unsettle him I got him for 10 mill as well. Proper quality.

I negotiated a £16m deal with Arsenal for Chamahk as his stats are ridiculously good, but he wouldn't even listen to what i had to offer. Same with Berbatov, Van der Vaart and Falcao. Anything I can do in this situation? i tried pandering to them throught the media, but it didn't work.

Eriksen in my Spurs game didn't really perform that well. I signed him early on, gave him a lot of game time but it never worked out and he ended up signing for Sunderland or someone similar.

I didn't get him until half way through 2013. Now in the 2014 season and he's got the most assists in the league and about 12 goals I think (in March). Dunno if game time for Ajax was a factor?

It's really hard to get all my midfielders game time to keep developing them. When Wilshere was out in 2012 it was easy to give Ramsey loads of time, this year though with Ramsey, Wilshere, Song, Erikson and more rotation is tricky. Especially as I like to play 3 forwards.

Madrid offered me 40 million for Fellaini in January which I rejected. I'm thinking I maybe should have accepted it now but I didn't really need money for any other position.

*Don't* fall into the trap of scouting everywhere and then signing some 15-year-old based on glowing scout reports. This went VERY badly for me since, in seven years, a player went from a four and a half star prospect to a two and a half star wage leech. Not always does it turn out this way.

Also it's Chamakh! GAWD. He turns out bloody good in my save, as does fellow African Seydou Doumbia, both of them compete from the African PotY every season. Eriksen is bloody good too, but Liverpool tied him down before I could touch him.

Cavani is beastly. Vrsaljko is too (young right back who plays for Dinamo Zagreb as the game starts) - Newcastle nabbed him for something like £2m, I got him for £9m, and by about 24 he was easily the best right back in the Premier League. Had to punt him for £42m since that is a silly amount of money - fans pissed off that I accepted something so low. Steady on!

*Don't* fall into the trap of scouting everywhere and then signing some 15-year-old based on glowing scout reports. This went VERY badly for me since, in seven years, a player went from a four and a half star prospect to a two and a half star wage leech. Not always does it turn out this way.

Yeah, I bought heaps of awesome future stars and a lot of their potentials have reduced. I might loan them all out for first team experience, although no-one would take a few of them. I loaned Hanley out all of last season to Leeds. 34 appearances and now he's almost better than Scott Dann and Givet at only 19!

This is why if I buy another player, i want it to be a proven, big name sorta of guy.

It's sometimes good to sit on transfer funds because it helps your club's financial position. Maybe try and upgrade your training facilities or youth academy if you can and there's no-one available? No value in January transfers anyway. Loans in January, mostly. That's my rule!

I'm Arsenal every month they tell me we're rolling in money. I asked them to upgrade youth facilities because our world class just got out graded. No problem we'll do that for you, cheers lads.

Yeah, I bought heaps of awesome future stars and a lot of their potentials have reduced. I might loan them all out for first team experience, although no-one would take a few of them. I loaned Hanley out all of last season to Leeds. 34 appearances and now he's almost better than Scott Dann and Givet at only 19!

This is why if I buy another player, i want it to be a proven, big name sorta of guy.

Absolute nightmare. In my noobish wisdom I signed a youth starlet for £7mil from Valencia or something - three years later his potential has gone from "quality player" right down to "decent player". Fucking hate it! Had to punt him for about £2mil to some other Spanish club, nightmare.

Absolute nightmare. In my noobish wisdom I signed a youth starlet for £7mil from Valencia or something - three years later his potential has gone from "quality player" right down to "decent player". Fucking hate it! Had to punt him for about £2mil to some other Spanish club, nightmare.

Aye, happens all the time. The best thing to do seems to be exposing them to first team football as soon as they start looking half-decent. I try to bung my youngsters onto senior training routines as soon as possible. By the time they're 18 I usually know what to do with them: if they're good enough for the first team I blood them in, if not they get loaned out. The worst thing is when the little shits refuse to go out on-loan and end up rotting in your reserves for years. Bastards.

Remember the stars are based on your own players, so if one of your players improves, the star rating of another comparable player will drop unless he has improved at the same rate.

Ah. I didn't even think about this. And there was me trying to get my team full of only three star+ players!

Aye, happens all the time. The best thing to do seems to be exposing them to first team football as soon as they start looking half-decent. I try to bung my youngsters onto senior training routines as soon as possible. By the time they're 18 I usually know what to do with them: if they're good enough for the first team I blood them in, if not they get loaned out. The worst thing is when the little shits refuse to go out on-loan and end up rotting in your reserves for years. Bastards.

Usually I like to get my youngsters into the cup games or the pishy games against folk I'm expected to hammer so they get exposure pretty quick. For a lot of players though, that increases their mental stats fine and dandy but physical stats need training and never seem to develop properly. No amount of coaches was going to change that lad.

If you installed the FM2012 Editor before installing FM2012 please uninstall the editor and re-install. Hopefully this will fix any issue.

Issue with the Editor – Please Read Here First

If you are having one of the following issues can you please try steps below to fix your issue.

- When Loading Editor get error “Editor has stopped working”

- When loading the editor nothing happens

- The Editor crashes on launch

- You get Font errors on launching the editor

- Get error “"You can't open the application Editor because it is not supported on this type of Mac"

- Upon loading the editor you get a green screen and the editor cannot be used succesfully.

Step 1

- Delete your cache and reload the editor.

How do I delete my Cache files?

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Editor 2012” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Editor 2012” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Step 2

- If the above did not work can you try deleting your cache, uninstalling FM2012 Editor, restarting your computer and then re-installing the Editor.

Step 3

- If neither of the above has worked can you try verifying integrity of game cache on FM2012 which can be found here http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719 then repeat Step 2

If you have tried both of these then start a thread in the bugs forum and someone will try to assist you.

• Upvote 1