aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

So so so the mighty Newport marches on!

After picking up the job at the tailend of the season I somehow managed to get through to the Blue Square Playoffs. I lost but it gave the board a huge hard on for me. The decided next season that they expected me to get to the playoffs again so no pressure for my first full season in charge!

The first 2 months were pretty poor. I suffered a fair few injurys pre season so for my first premier game I had to use a 4-3-3 formation in order for my available players to all play in a position they were comfortable in. Goals galore. We smashed Grimsby a new one

Turns out my regen player isn't one at all. He's Lewis Colding.

codling.jpg

He used to play for Everton's under 18's. He's 23 now and what a machine he is. 4 goals in his debut match and this set the tone for the rest of the season. I left my formation as 4-3-3 for pretty much the rest of the season.

We got knocked out of the FA cup early on by Aston Villa then it was all about the league.

For the first half of the season we seemed plagued by bad luck. Injuries left right and centre. One game against Gateshead I had to play our reserve keeper in defence! Mental! We were floating around 10th place and were 15 points off being in the playoffs. The board will have my balls for this I thought, so I overhauled my training schedules, tactics and player roles. Then something happened. No one was injured and the team just went mental. The form was found. Codling became the Messi of Wales. In 5 back to back games he scored 25 goals!! We steamrolled up to 4th place and on the last day of the season we smashed Forest Green Rovers 9-1 replacing them in 3rd place. The playoffs were sealed! We finished the season with 109 goals on the books, 45 scored by Lewis Codling. Highest scoring striker in Europe! His value has sky rocketed! Winner!

First play off against Gateshead we won 6-2 on aggregate. We then had Grimsby in the final.

Grimsby despite our 5-2 smashing at the start of the season had gone on to have a pretty good run. They were 2nd in the League a good 8 points clear of me. The game started off badly. Grimsby scored an 8th minute goal then another just before half time. We got pumped on possession and pretty much every other statistic. I dished out some quarter oranges at half time and went and loaded the bus with tissues, Adeles new album and some supermarket lager for the journey home so the boys could let their dissapointment out.

2nd half started and Grimsby found the back of the net after a fumbling corner. Gutted. I knew it was over.

Then Codling must of caught wind that I had loaded Adele into the bus' c.d player. 'I'm not listening to that tripe' he said and in the 60th minute scored a 20 yard screamer. 2 minutes later Grimsby were picking the ball out of the net again after a stunning long ball by Veles into the feet of Knights. The 88th minute came and forward Elliot Buchanan was taken off after a nasty challange that earned Grimsby a yellow card. Young striker Jake Reid replaced him and after two minutes on the park scored a dramatic equaliser!

At this point I couldn't believe what was happening. It will go to penalties, I thought.

The 96th minute rolled in and Codling 35 yards out seen the Grimsby keeper off his line and let one fly. In slow motion it smashed off the post and into the back of the net. YAS!

The ref must of had his whistle to his lips to blow for full time. Instead he was giving Newport an incredible last second goal.

The lads couldn't believe it. Codling just earned himself a bronze statue and at least 100,000 youtube views.

So now we are facing a tough season in League 2 but the boards came through and offered me a fuck ton of cash for transfers and wages. I'll probably up my current lads wages though rather than draft in new players. The board also told me that they understand how tough a season this is going to be and have assured me of their full support.

I'm still buzzing from the playoffs. Proper excitement! Can't believe my luck.

Newport_County_Conference_South_Champions_2010.jpg

The Exiles march on!!

Great post. I love these sorts of posts! FOOTBALL MANAGER BITCH!

I like the idea of shared game but I take ages playing one season, I would slow it right down. I like the idea of us all picking the same team, and seeing who does best. It would be interesting the different routes each person would take.

Not sure that'd be too much of an issue - as long as there were frequent game-by-game updates in a dedicated thread.

Yeah, I take bloody ages to complete a season too. It's my off season that takes the longest though. Endless scouting, coming up with new tactics and generally trying to get the best out of my resources. Plus, I always lose to Fulham.

I fancy starting an Aberdeen game though...

Started unemployed as a former 'professional footballer', turned down jobs in the Conference because, let's face it, that'd be boring as fuck. Ended up taking on struggling St Pauli - sitting 18th of 18 in the German second tier after 13 games.

Pictures and updates to follow. It's about time I told a story. The main headline is the signing of Robert Pires on a free until the end of the season, and the amazing bantaaah from Moritz Voltz in the changing room. Inspirational.

Started unemployed as a former 'professional footballer', turned down jobs in the Conference because, let's face it, that'd be boring as fuck. Ended up taking on struggling St Pauli - sitting 18th of 18 in the German second tier after 13 games.

Pictures and updates to follow. It's about time I told a story. The main headline is the signing of Robert Pires on a free until the end of the season, and the amazing bantaaah from Moritz Voltz in the changing room. Inspirational.

Good luck with that, on of my favourite clubs and I found it quite difficult and gave up, going back to start a new game after one or two more seasons with the high flying Toon.

After winning the Champions League three times in a row with Celtic, I've gone for another challenge and took over Cheltenham who were languishing bottom of league 1. I managed to pull them from the bottom to respectable mid table and now I'm hoping to destroy league 1 with my motley crew of free transfers and budget (~£60k) signings. I'm taking them to Europe!

• Upvote 1

I wish i could write interesting stories like you guys.

25 seasons in now and so far won countless SPL's Scottish cups and league cups, and just won my 2nd champs league with the dons, bring on the world club cup, im going for the clean sweep of everything this year. Ryan Jack has re-built Dundee to be the third team in Scotland and with the little financial help i have given them they are dropping £22m on players :D Although im sure the £60k they are paying him is going to be a burden with them still being in Dens park. I just cant seem to get these teams to build new stadiums! By the end i want Scotland as the worlds powerhouse in football, both internationally and at club level. Scotland just won the Euro's not long ago as well with three of my players scoring in the glorious 3-2 win over Portugal, who are being managed by the mighty Frank Lampard......Rio ditched West Ham after a few years to take up the City job and good old Alan Shearer walked in and won the league in his first attempt.

I am getting a bit bored finally and am toying with the idea of branching off my game and taking over someone in the first division. With my continuous editing i have kinda managed to create an elite league of 6 in Scotland, Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Dundee and Hibs, the rest are pretty much cannon fodder, it would be quite interesting trying to breach that top 6 now.

Milner, 25 seasons? Incredible.

I've managed to get Newport up to leauge 1 now. Two years in charge and two promotions I'm a Welsh hero these days. Up there with Tom Jones. My leauge 2 season was 3am kebab dodgy. Hearts came along again and swiped up another three of my players and a few championship teams scooped up a few of my best players.

I'll try and get some details up later on ;)

I wish i could write interesting stories like you guys.

25 seasons in now and so far won countless SPL's Scottish cups and league cups, and just won my 2nd champs league with the dons, bring on the world club cup, im going for the clean sweep of everything this year. Ryan Jack has re-built Dundee to be the third team in Scotland and with the little financial help i have given them they are dropping £22m on players :D Although im sure the £60k they are paying him is going to be a burden with them still being in Dens park. I just cant seem to get these teams to build new stadiums! By the end i want Scotland as the worlds powerhouse in football, both internationally and at club level. Scotland just won the Euro's not long ago as well with three of my players scoring in the glorious 3-2 win over Portugal, who are being managed by the mighty Frank Lampard......Rio ditched West Ham after a few years to take up the City job and good old Alan Shearer walked in and won the league in his first attempt.

I am getting a bit bored finally and am toying with the idea of branching off my game and taking over someone in the first division. With my continuous editing i have kinda managed to create an elite league of 6 in Scotland, Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Dundee and Hibs, the rest are pretty much cannon fodder, it would be quite interesting trying to breach that top 6 now.

How do you generate that much money in the SPL?

How do you generate that much money in the SPL?

I used FMRTE and gave all the SPL clubs £100m in the bank, after 20 odd years you can end up so far ahead of the other scottish clubs it gets very boring, but if you pump them full of money they start trying to steal your players or ones your looking at and it makes it a lot more interesting. Only thing is they are now all richer than me, even with me being in a 65,000 Aberdeen Stadium i could not afford to spend £22m on a player, or give them £60k a week.

Scouts honour i never edit my own team or club. I only edit the AI teams in Scotland, give them top of the range facilities, lots of cash, and now they are all set as having sugar daddys. I usually give the top clubs world class managers as well. I also create scottish wonder kids every 4/5 seasons usually at random clubs around the world to see if they can make it. One has come through a chinese club in the last year who looks tasty, but then i dont sign the players i let the AI use them as i already know their PA and know that if i sign them they will become the worlds best which gets boring quickly.