aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Aberdeen were a bit shit today weren't they? Nice goal to equalise, but the opening goal was a shocker. Hibs could have had a few, but Griffiths isn't very good and blundered every chance he had... except for the winner, obviously.

Griffiths was terrible for the whole game and they kept trying the same tactic with him. Should have never let him get that chance.

Another semi final and another shit performance. Loads of possession but not enough of a cutting edge. Fallon's goal was superb but we need more than the odd wonder goal to win a trophy.

Bit late here, but my beloved Perth Glory beat Central Coast on penalties and are now going to play Brisbane in the Grand Final of the A-League. Super-excited. Especially since (probably because we're the only soccer team for hundreds of miles) the media don't rate us at all, been slating us as non-contenders all season, and now here we are a game away from winning the big trophy. Pretty awesome.

EDIT: Aberdeen game: yup, gutted, but as soon as that first goal went in I was fairly sure it would be curtains. Shame, as we seemed to have the upper hand all game.

I still blame the speculation around Redknapp. Severely unsettled them in the crucial stages of the season, but their plays lack mettle regardless. Adebayor has done what he usually does, after a few months of quality, he's gone back to plodding through games and looking like he can't be bothered.

Another shit dive by Ashley Young today, but Villa were godawful, and were getting cunted today anyway. United should have had a legitimate penalty in the second half from a clear handball, and Given should have been sent off for using his hands outside the area. Today I learned that a player can't be sent off if the referee has played advantage, unless it's for violent conduct, so Given got away with it as played was waved on, even though the Linesman flagged for Given's handball. I think United would have preferred the free kick and Villa down to 10 men. Shay Given was the reason the score wasn't 8-0. Especially the one that he saved with his face.

I still blame the speculation around Redknapp. Severely unsettled them in the crucial stages of the season, but their plays lack mettle regardless. Adebayor has done what he usually does, after a few months of quality, he's gone back to plodding through games and looking like he can't be bothered.

Another shit dive by Ashley Young today, but Villa were godawful, and were getting cunted today anyway. United should have had a legitimate penalty in the second half from a clear handball, and Given should have been sent off for using his hands outside the area. Today I learned that a player can't be sent off if the referee has played advantage, unless it's for violent conduct, so Given got away with it as played was waved on, even though the Linesman flagged for Given's handball. I think United would have preferred the free kick and Villa down to 10 men. Shay Given was the reason the score wasn't 8-0. Especially the one that he saved with his face.

Terrible dive, Bale and Young are the worst divers in the league by far. It's hard to see how the ref fell for this one though, does a random mid air splits to try and contact his leg with Clark.

WqQ3Q.gif

After the Livorno midfielder (on loan from Udinese) Piermario Morosini tragically passed away at the weekend, Udinese star and all-round top gent, Antonio Di Natale, has taken on full guardianship of Morosini's disabled sister, and Udinese will continue to pay her a salary as she is unable to support herself.

It's possibly one of the greatest and most heart warming occurences to ever happen within football, but the story is tragic. Both parents of Morosini died whilst he and his sister were teenagers, and Morosini's handicapped older brother died shortly after, and now she's the only one of the immediate family left. Heartbreaking, but a wonderful gesture from Udinese and Di Natale.

• Upvote 6