aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I'm surprised so many folk hadn't heard of him before his heart attack.

For some reason I seem to be better at retaining the names of footballers, and their respective clubs more than I do with actual information that could benefit me in real life, like telephone numbers and my girlfriends name/birthday/eye colour. I reckon I could name a realistic starting 11 and a set of subs for every team in the Premier League through religiously watching MOTD and a buttload of Football Manager/FIFA.

I'm exactly the same. I think it's definitely a football management game thing.

• Upvote 1

I often google footballers from the past that suddenly spring to mind. My brain is just hard-wired to remember footballers too.

yesterday it was 'Samassi Abou'

I can waste entire days doing this. In fact, its not a waste at all as football knowledge is the best kind of knowledge. Myself and Shaki often discuss ex-Dons players we recently Wikipedia'd...who'd have thought Nicolas Fabiano would have gone into such obscurity.

I can't see Muamba making a comeback to Premiership football. It's a shame but would be a great to see him back, so here's hoping.

Yeah, me neither. Massive shame, (obviously) entirely no fault of his own. Perhaps he could still get a game on loan at a smaller club, but even then...

I wouldn't rule out a return for Muamba. He had a full-on heart attack on Saturday, where he had no pulse for several minutes. In only a couple days he was concious, moving and talking to those who have visited him. That's quite a turn around, really. I remember when my Grandad had a heart attack, and we couldn't properly visit him for nearly a week because he was barely concious. He might be out for the season, but I think it's a bit premature to suggest he never come back considering how quickly he has recovered so far.

I wouldn't rule out a return for Muamba. He had a full-on heart attack on Saturday, where he had no pulse for several minutes. In only a couple days he was concious, moving and talking to those who have visited him. That's quite a turn around, really. I remember when my Grandad had a heart attack, and we couldn't properly visit him for nearly a week because he was barely concious. He might be out for the season, but I think it's a bit premature to suggest he never come back considering how quickly he has recovered so far.

I wouldn't either. Evander Sno who used to play for Celtic had a heart attack whilst playing for Ajax and he is back playing. The odds must be stacked well against Muamba but I think it will be a case of what caused his illness determining whether he can play again.

There’s nothing about Leigh Griffiths headbutting anyone at more reputable sources. I smell bullshit…

Suspect it was copied from a fans forum so it's probably nothing more than scurrilous rumour. Shame as it was a pretty entertaining story.