aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Hahahahaha Celtic. Can we all stop pretending that Neil Lennon is a good manager now?

Sorry, how many games did he win in a row?

This is a disappointing result, but Kilmarnock were the better team. It's one game, it doesn't mean that the progress Neil Lennon has made with what was an inconsistent and unconfident team is staggering.

Sorry, how many games did he win in a row?

This is a disappointing result, but Kilmarnock were the better team. It's one game, it doesn't mean that the progress Neil Lennon has made with what was an inconsistent and unconfident team is staggering.

££££££££.

• Upvote 1

To clarify: he's a chequebook manager, nothing more. I'm not even going to cover his spiteful personality. Lennon *should* be tonking teams of free transfers and loanees every week because of the ridiculous amount of players he's been able to trade compared to everyone else. They guy's a fraud who's accomplishing the bare minimum of what he should be.

Bayern Munich have scored 21 goals in their last 3 games in all competitions. They've bounced back immensely after losing to Leverkusen and then the 1st leg at Basel. They smashed Hoffenheim 7-1 last week, then the 2nd leg against Basel 7-0, and they twatted Hertha 6-0 yesterday. Dortmund are still top though, not by smashing teams apart like Bayern are, but grinding out results and not conceding many.

Monchengladbach are doing incredibly well in 3rd. Their defence is solid and Marco Reus is a goalscoring machine. It's a shame he's signed a pre-contract with Dortmund since he's practically single handedly gotten them into the Champions League (if they can keep hold of 3rd) and then he'll be off.

Bundesliga is ace this year. Bayern are devastating and brilliant to watch, but Dortmund are so efficient and grind out results. Quite like the battle between City and United respectively.

To clarify: he's a chequebook manager, nothing more. I'm not even going to cover his spiteful personality. Lennon *should* be tonking teams of free transfers and loanees every week because of the ridiculous amount of players he's been able to trade compared to everyone else. They guy's a fraud who's accomplishing the bare minimum of what he should be.

But there's still a Scottish Cup and SPL title on the cards, and we HAVE been tonking other teams on a regular basis.

I don't understand what more, apart from admittedly, a Scottish League Cup, anyone can ask of him. He's passionate about Celtic, he gets money to buy players (but he doesn't, some would argue, spend "big" for a team Celtic's size, and the players he's bought have been generally excellent), and he's won the majority of games. I admit he's at best, a divisive character, but I genuinely think people are so willing to doubt his managerial abilities because he's a controversial chap. He hasn't had the chance to "prove himself" at another/bigger/whatever club and apart from the final, he's done a pretty great job, I think.

Obviously I'm biased but I think because he rubs people up the wrong way, he's unfairly analysed as a manager.

• Upvote 1

Lennon's comments after the game were disgraceful. Said Kilmarnock were never in their half and didn't create any chances. Not entirely sure what game he was watching but it wasn't the same one I saw (although I missed most of the second half). Cunt.

They may have had a good shout for a penalty but it's a cup final and they had plenty of other chances to score so they only have themselves to blame. But to not acknowledge the great performance of Killie is petty as fuck and just shows what a smallminded prick he is.

I don think Lennon is the worst in the world, he has done a decent job at Celtic, picked up the pieces after the Mowbary disaster, yes he has spent a good chunk of money, he has also taken money in, has them doing well in the SPL, the recent run was only better by O'Neil, not bad going really. He can rub folk up the wrong way but its part of his character, and i guess he has been through more than any of us could understand and may have a grudge against certain sections of Scottish football. He was bitter yesterday, coming off the back of that penalty claim last minute, i dont think it was a pen watching the reply, but how the hell the ref saw it as a dive ill never know, so you can understand him being touchy, but he should have still shown Killie more respect, Killie played ok, hung onto a bit of luck and a keeper in top form but fair play to them, good to see someone else winning one of the cups for a change.

Interesting stat that Killie sold more tickets for the semi final against Ayr than they did for the final...

I don think Lennon is the worst in the world, he has done a decent job at Celtic, picked up the pieces after the Mowbary disaster, yes he has spent a good chunk of money, he has also taken money in, has them doing well in the SPL, the recent run was only better by O'Neil, not bad going really. He can rub folk up the wrong way but its part of his character, and i guess he has been through more than any of us could understand and may have a grudge against certain sections of Scottish football. He was bitter yesterday, coming off the back of that penalty claim last minute, i dont think it was a pen watching the reply, but how the hell the ref saw it as a dive ill never know, so you can understand him being touchy, but he should have still shown Killie more respect, Killie played ok, hung onto a bit of luck and a keeper in top form but fair play to them, good to see someone else winning one of the cups for a change.

Interesting stat that Killie sold more tickets for the semi final against Ayr than they did for the final...

I can't believe Hampden wasn't full yesterday. Disgrace. Killie are a joke club but I'm obviously way happy that they won.

Arguably the gulf between Celtic and the rest of the league (including Rangers) now is far greater than it ever was under O'Neil. It seems Celtic buy a bunch of players and hope they stick. Lots of shit, some come good. Simple when you have the capital to play with and no real competition to try these players out in.

Guest Gladstone
Bayern Munich have scored 21 goals in their last 3 games in all competitions. They've bounced back immensely after losing to Leverkusen and then the 1st leg at Basel. They smashed Hoffenheim 7-1 last week, then the 2nd leg against Basel 7-0, and they twatted Hertha 6-0 yesterday. Dortmund are still top though, not by smashing teams apart like Bayern are, but grinding out results and not conceding many.

Monchengladbach are doing incredibly well in 3rd. Their defence is solid and Marco Reus is a goalscoring machine. It's a shame he's signed a pre-contract with Dortmund since he's practically single handedly gotten them into the Champions League (if they can keep hold of 3rd) and then he'll be off.

Bundesliga is ace this year. Bayern are devastating and brilliant to watch, but Dortmund are so efficient and grind out results. Quite like the battle between City and United respectively.

Where the fuck did you learn to count?

On a different note, all the other chat I've been hearing from non old firm fans about yesterday and how Neil Lennon is the biggest cunt in football and a shit manager can get to fuck. It was a cup final and Killie defended brilliantly, with a keeper on top form and got their tactics spot on - hitting Celtic on the break and causing a few problems. But be honest, on another day one or two of those Celtic shots would have found the back of the net - it's just the sort of thing that happens in cup finals. Well done to Killie though - I never mind too much when Celtic lose domestic cup matches because it's good for other teams to win cups sometimes. That sounds patronising as fuck but it isn't supposed to be! Killie haven't won a cup since 1997 was it? And have never won the League Cup before, so I was genuinely happy for them. Those players will go down in Killie history and moments like that are amazing for clubs that don't get their hands on silverware very often.

Chris mentions above that Lennon didn't acknowledge Killie's performance and I've got to say that is quite shit of him (shit of Lennon that is, not Chris!), but in the heat of the moment having been denied a last minute penalty etc. he was probably feeling quite bitter. But, the point I was going to make here was that I was on Facebook just after the game and my newsfeed wasn't filled of posts from people saying "well done Killie, awesome performance" - it was filled of "hahaha Lennon you little fucking cunt, get it right up yi, get to fuck out of Scottish football" etc etc. People are absolutely obsessed by Neil Lennon and so desperate for him to fail - it's quite pathetic really. People should just be happy for Killie getting their hands on the trophy.

• Upvote 1

But, the point I was going to make here was that I was on Facebook just after the game and my newsfeed wasn't filled of posts from people saying "well done Killie, awesome performance" - it was filled of "hahaha Lennon you little fucking cunt, get it right up yi, get to fuck out of Scottish football" etc etc. People are absolutely obsessed by Neil Lennon and so desperate for him to fail - it's quite pathetic really. People should just be happy for Killie getting their hands on the trophy.

That's because he's a classless prick.

I'm not happy Killie have won a trophy, I'm happy that Celtic haven't. Even better that they should have been awarded a penalty and weren't after their shameful display of contempt for referees last year in an attempt to influence future decisions.

LOL

lennon-cups-ears.jpg

• Upvote 3

I'd actually say Lennon's manner on the touchline and in interviews has greatly improved since last season. I think it is fair to assume he made the effort to wind it in after the threats and bad publicity. He certainly could have been more gracious in defeat towards Killie as I think they did themselves proud by making it a good game and going on to win. Did anyone else think John Hartson was the one with sour grapes though? He just seemed to constantly refer to Killie as lucky and seemed more concerned about backing up Celtic than giving credit where it was due. Fair enough Celtic missed a few chances but Killie had the ball cleared off the line, had a couple of saves from Forster and Shiels missed an effort that was easier to score.

Shame for the lad whose Dad collapsed after the game. Awful stuff for him.

Guest Gladstone

(EDIT - this was in response to Adam, not Trigger...)

Honestly - get over it. Football is full of complete wankers and Lennon certainly isn't the worst.

Like Milner says, Lennon has had to put up with all manner of shit from football "fans" in this country. I admit he could have helped the situation by shying away from it and keeping a low profile, but that isn't in his nature. But because he chose to stand up for himself he was subject to so much disgusting behaviour last season. Anything he did last season (which was only words remember) regarding criticising referees was absolutely fuck all in comparison to the death threats, bullets in the post, bombs in the post, being attacked at his work, not to mention the disgusting personal attacks on social networking sites etc. Managers criticise referees all the time, but people take it far more seriously when it's Lennon because he's in charge of Celtic and people have it in their heads that Celtic are somehow in control of the referees in Scotland which is complete bollocks. I know it is just one incident but from the angle Collum was at on Saturday, it would have been an easier decision to give the penalty to Celtic than to book Stokes for diving. There's no way it was a dive and it didn't look like a dive from any angle I saw it. And the angle from behind that Collum was looking from, it looked like a penalty. I don't think it was a penalty because I think the ball was running out of play, but it was a big shout to whip out the yellow card.

Anyway - none of this matters. I missed the news that Liam Kelly's dad collapsed with a heart attack at the end of the game. Fucksake. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17423978

(EDIT - this was in response to Adam, not Trigger...)

Honestly - get over it. Football is full of complete wankers and Lennon certainly isn't the worst.

Like Milner says, Lennon has had to put up with all manner of shit from football "fans" in this country. I admit he could have helped the situation by shying away from it and keeping a low profile, but that isn't in his nature. But because he chose to stand up for himself he was subject to so much disgusting behaviour last season. Anything he did last season (which was only words remember) regarding criticising referees was absolutely fuck all in comparison to the death threats, bullets in the post, bombs in the post, being attacked at his work, not to mention the disgusting personal attacks on social networking sites etc. Managers criticise referees all the time, but people take it far more seriously when it's Lennon because he's in charge of Celtic and people have it in their heads that Celtic are somehow in control of the referees in Scotland which is complete bollocks. I know it is just one incident but from the angle Collum was at on Saturday, it would have been an easier decision to give the penalty to Celtic than to book Stokes for diving. There's no way it was a dive and it didn't look like a dive from any angle I saw it. And the angle from behind that Collum was looking from, it looked like a penalty. I don't think it was a penalty because I think the ball was running out of play, but it was a big shout to whip out the yellow card.

Anyway - none of this matters. I missed the news that Liam Kelly's dad collapsed with a heart attack at the end of the game. Fucksake. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17423978

Just so you know, if you were saying this to me I'd have my fingers in my ears while going "lalalalala"

Guest Gladstone
Just so you know, if you were saying this to me I'd have my fingers in my ears while going "lalalalala"

Yeah yeah I know.

I've been trying to talk "reasonably" to my Aberdeen supporting fans my entire life. I think I might give up and go and support Killie. GLORYHUNTER!!!

Definitely top five.

You can talk as reasonably as you like, and I'm happy to discuss reasonably, but Lennon was a prick as a player and now he's a prick as a manager. Basically, he's a prick.

I agree it was an odd decision not to award the penalty but Collum does always seem like the kind of ref who likes to be centre of attention. Job done? Would be surprised if all his windows are still intact.

Guest Gladstone
Definitely top five.

You can talk as reasonably as you like, and I'm happy to discuss reasonably, but Lennon was a prick as a player and now he's a prick as a manager. Basically, he's a prick.

I agree it was an odd decision not to award the penalty but Collum does always seem like the kind of ref who likes to be centre of attention. Job done? Would be surprised if all his windows are still intact.

He doesn't bother with windows anymore - he had them bricked up in advance of the cup final. Pre-emptive strike if you will.

Actually - I haven't heard an awful lot about the penalty decision if I'm honest. Obviously it's mentioned in the reports etc. but can you imagine if that had happened at the other end with Celtic 1-0 up with just a few minutes to go? It would probably have been the most outrageous decision that has ever happened in football.