aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I think you should take your Napoli goggles off for a second there.

Its well known they are dodgy defensively and last night even tho Chelsea barely looked bothered they still caused them issues. They will cause them more problems at SB id imagine.

Outside of the top 4 in Serie A, their goal difference and goals conceded is nothing too concerning. they've only conceded 3 more goals than AC Milan who are top. It's not a top drawer defence, but I wouldn't say it's suspect either. They concede a few, probably due to how they play, and how they shift to a back 3 when they bomb forward. They keep the ball well and score loads of goals, so they're probably not too concerned.

Read what i said.

So why do we call teams from Milano AC and Inter Milan? There's no dodgy accents there to get in the way.

I think it's probably just convention, how we're used to seeing/hearing the teams names.

If you notice, there is a trend towards pronouncing Barcelona as Barthelona and not (as most people in this country still pronounce it) Barselona. Maybe in twenty years we'll all be saying it Barthelona.

So why do we call teams from Milano AC and Inter Milan? There's no dodgy accents there to get in the way.

I think it's probably just convention, how we're used to seeing/hearing the teams names.

If you notice, there is a trend towards pronouncing Barcelona as Barthelona and not (as most people in this country still pronounce it) Barselona. Maybe in twenty years we'll all be saying it Barthelona.

Aha! Good point.

I think Catalans say Barselona anyway and the regular Spaniards say Barthelona. The boy on here that lives in Barcelona can probably confirm.

You're missing the point. People can quite happily say Napoli or Naples without any prior knowledge of pronunciation of a countries language so there's no point bastardising it for the idiots. When Napoli works, why would you use anything else? He made a comparison between that and Bayern Munchen which isn't the same.