aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Fyvie turns down a new contract, which runs out in December, not looking great for holding onto him.

That's a very depressing decision. Hope we don't lose him for peanuts in the end. Would much prefer to see him sign a new contract with an agreement we'd sell him if a good offer came in.

Some bizarre signings today. Redknapp is losing his marbles. He said Bassong to Wolves was dependent on Ryan Nelsen coming in on loan...... and the Bassong deal has apparently gone through. Saha and Nelsen, a combined age of 77 and probably the same number of injuries between them in the last couple of years. Bringing in more injury prone players to cover positions where they already have injury prone players doesn't seem like the most wise move ever. I'd imagine the Nelsen deal is probably a loan like for Saha.

Fulham selling Zamora for £4 million is also a head scratcher. Selling your main (and best IMO) striker without a replacement. QPR's other £4 million signing makes little sense. Not seen him since the Sunderland loan deal but Djibril Cisse wasn't particularly impressive in his first two spells in the PL and with age/injuries catching up I doubt he is as pacy as he used to be.

Darron Gibson may have put in his best ever performance for Man Utd today. SAF claims it was part of the plan of selling him all along.

Bobby Zamora was the best striker in the league for a brief period at the beginning of the season (or was it the end of the last?) Can't believe they let him go.

When he's injury free he's absolutely lethal. Great signing for QPR.

Probably the end of the 09/10 season when Fulham got to the UEFA cup final. I think he would have been a regular international if he didn't break his leg early the following season. Took him a while to find his form after coming back from that but in the last few months he has been playing quite well.

I totally forgot they signed Pavel Pogrebnyak. I would be surprised if he contributes as much as Zamora. He wasn't the most prolific scorer (although he wasn't a bad finisher at all) but he is a brilliant target man and linked up really well with Andy Johnson.

Biggest lol is Rangers not signing anyone. Can't believe they thought they could sign a premier league striker, and the captain of his team for £1million.

I think they're putting in these derisory offers (not even willing to pay £300k for Sandaza) just so they can turn round to the fans and say they tried to sign someone.

Joke club, with Lafferty and Healy up front they'll definitely win the league. :angel::laughing:

Pretty pleased with how things have gone at Aberdeen. Have a fairly strong core of a squad now, although I clearly no nothing about Daniel Uchechi. Still a fairly narrow squad, but Broon does like to play with a compact midfield so it will probably work. Need to kick on a bit, there's nothing to say that we can't actually put in a decent challenge in the top six this year. Comfortably top six and a decent cup run will do me for now!

That's a very depressing decision. Hope we don't lose him for peanuts in the end. Would much prefer to see him sign a new contract with an agreement we'd sell him if a good offer came in.

If he gave a flying fuck about the club he'd certainly do this. But he won't/doesn't.

Fair play to him, we already have another ginger anyway.

QPR did some interesting business in January. I don't know anything about Diakité, but Taye Taiwo was excellent in France and poor in Italy. The English league is much closer to the French than Italian league, so I'd expect him to do well. Zamora is obviously an effective Premier League striker without being a prolific goalscorer, so an obvious upgrade on the meh Helguson and awful Bothroyd. Cissé has been utter gash for Lazio. Talented player, solid job at Sunderland, injured-ravaged-but-not-awful at Liverpool. Should be enough to keep them out of relegation trouble, but they'll be in deep shit if Cissé plays like he did in Italy.

god the new bbc website is terrible.

I like the way it looks now actually. Yellow is for danger, and I live for danger.

In other news: One Darron Gibson! There is only one Darron Gibson! One Darron Gibson! Everton defended so well in the last half hour. Hibbert must have a headache this morning, if he actually feels pain. I imagine he doesn't. Insert Chuck Norris joke, replacing his name with Tony Hibbert. I was surprised Hansen though PNEV's handball was a stonewall penalty. Hands were by his side, they didn't move towards the ball. Not sure how that could ever be seen as intentional. Don't be a knob, Hansen. You're always being a knob.

I still can't believe Rav's gone forever and ever. He must have done something for Fergie to lose all patience with him, since Will Keane is now making the bench, and he's not really anywhere near the level Rav was at. I suppose it's a combo of his daft wage demands based on 3 Carling Cup sub appearances, and turning up for training whenever he's not joyriding and slagging off ruffians on Twitter.

Hopefully its just something to get used too!

Its a shame to see Ravel go but he appears to be a complete nutcase who will prob never get anywhere unless he sorts himself out, United are not in the habit of releasing anyone they think can be a major player for them. Good to see Pogba get on last night, he looks like he could be a player.

Fellani is my new fav player i think, NEVER misses the chance to dive into a 50/50, never stops working, has a fair bit of skill about him, and that hair!!

also, Berbatov's penalty. How did that go in? The keeper dived early, before the ball had even been struck, scrambled all the way over the goal line, and it still crept into the side of the net. An inch to the right and it's pinging the post. Precise!

He looked fucking miserable tho!! Plus there seemed to be a little argument with him and Hernandez over the pen.

Berbatov never looks happy unless he scores the opening goal, or a goal that puts them ahead. If he's adding to the tally, or equalising, he gives no shits. The inside of Berbatov's brain is a complicated place.

I think most clubs tend to not have non-regular penalty takers taking two penalties in a row though, right? Both were good penalties mind. Right into the side of the net, along the grass. Better than Rooney hitting it right where the keeper can most easily reach it. Fucking potato.