aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

And wearing hats.

Does he play better in the middle? He played out wide for Russia and Zenit when he was playing as well as he ever has. He just seems to have become bad at football all of a sudden. Even when he gets the ball in a central position, he takes a shot and he balloons it. Wayward passes and continuously getting dispossessed too. When was the last time he scored a goal?

RE: The Keown Affair™: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/2012/jan/10/keown-kod-emirates

While some nearby Leeds fans give a rousing rendition of a song detailing what they see as Robbie's penchant for – to borrow a phrase from Seinfeld – treating his body as an amusement park, some Leeds players warming up on the pitch in the background are trying to hit the trio with footballs. It's a farce. And that's a direct hit! No sooner had I typed that passage than one of the Leeds players – I don't know who – earned himself a massive roar of approval from his own fans by scoring a direct hit on the side of Martin Keown's head from about 30 yards. That's a magnificent shot, which briefly incenses the former Arsenal centre-half. Clearly raging, he wheels around as if to say 'Who the eff hit that?', only to quickly remember he's on live television, turn his frown upside-down and give them an unconvincingly matey thumbs up instead.

Probably the best shot Leeds hit all night.

Has nobody mentioned the Magennis/Grimmer stuff today? Namely Magennis being told he's free to leave and Grimmer being "looked at by Fulham" (aye fucking right)?

Wasn't aware of either story. I'd be sad to see Magennis go. Not because he's good but because I like him. Get rid of Mackie and keep Magennis for comedy/ironic cult status value. I don't think I've ever seen Grimmer play. If he's not deemed good enough for the Dons first team then it seems surprising Fulham are interested.

apparently grimmer is one of our top prospects but he hasnt made a push for the first team yet, dont like seeing us lose young players but if we get a bit of money in and he doesnt want to stay then its a win win i guess.

I'm told that the reason Grimmer hasn't played and Fyvie, Robertson, Pawlett etc have is because Grimmer isn't professional enough to do it without crying to the ref or whatever. My source knows more about this than I do but allegedly he's a bit of a dick.

Wasn't aware of either story. I'd be sad to see Magennis go. Not because he's good but because I like him. Get rid of Mackie and keep Magennis for comedy/ironic cult status value. I don't think I've ever seen Grimmer play. If he's not deemed good enough for the Dons first team then it seems surprising Fulham are interested.

Very. I like Magennis because he's one of those rare players that are both fast and strong, even if it means he's fairly shit at everything else.

I'm told that the reason Grimmer hasn't played and Fyvie, Robertson, Pawlett etc have is because Grimmer isn't professional enough to do it without crying to the ref or whatever. My source knows more about this than I do but allegedly he's a bit of a dick.

I'm not so sure, he's pretty young and would imagine that's the reason he hasn't broken through yet. He's already played in the first team so has been given a chance. From what I understand he's highly rated and being a midfielder would probably struggle to break into the first team at present as we are well covered there. He may well be a twat but I reckon it's what he can do with the ball at his feet that will determine whether he plays or not.

The Grimmer stuff sounds like classic agent bollocks like what happened with the Dundee Utd boy Scott Allan. Fulham have enquired, it was all confidential and the agent has ran around spunking it to the press. Apparently he was due to come up to talk to the Dons about a contract extension for Grimmer this month.