aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Guest Gladstone
I remember that Schmeichel/Wright one - it definitely happened.

Blackburn's Scott Dann is out for 5-6 weeks with a 'groin injury'. Turns out that 'groin injury' means 'ruptured testicle'. Fuuuuuuuck.

Oocha fucker.

How does one rupture a testicle?

Did Schmeichel / Wright try to give him a double blow job?

I remember that Schmeichel/Wright one - it definitely happened.

Blackburn's Scott Dann is out for 5-6 weeks with a 'groin injury'. Turns out that 'groin injury' means 'ruptured testicle'. Fuuuuuuuck.

Ryan Nelsen did it so he can get back in the team.

Ryan-Nelsen.jpg

Look at that face, doesn't it just scream "testicle-rupturer"?

Guest Gladstone

Some very questionable refereeing in the Dons game.

The penalty should never have been given. Total dive.

The red card shouldn't even have been a free kick. It probably looked worse in real time than it actually was because the Hibs player jumped back like a big fucking fud as if he'd been hit knee high with a studs up lunge. But if you look at the angle, Pawlett is sliding away from him - just trying to cut out the clearance. No intent or malice whatsoever and anyone who's ever played football before should realise that. Ridiculous red card.

When put in the context of what the Hibs player got booked for later in the game, it looks even more ridiculous. That tackle was far far worse than Pawlett's blocking challenge.

Referees are fucking shit.

Dons keeper looked to have had a decent game though.

Guest Gladstone
Aberdeen are only 6 points off 7th spot in the SPL. It's very very close in the bottom half. Aberdeen could be out of there with 3 wins. I know 3 wins is a lot to ask for at the moment but in the next 4 matches, you've got St Mirren, Hibs and Inverness, which have all got to look like matches you can win. Not saying you will win, but you can win them. And the toughest (on paper) in the next 4 matches is against St Johnstone, who are doing well at the moment, but still a team that Aberdeen could beat. I'm not saying for a minute that I expect Aberdeen to win their next 4 matches, but they can surely look to pick up a good few points from them - 7 or more perhaps. If they do that, they'll be off the bottom of the table, and hopefully have a bit of confidence etc. and maybe get a few more results.

What I'm saying really is that I don't think it's quite as bad as some are making it out to be. Stick with Craig Brown and the current plan and I reckon Aberdeen will finish 7th or 8th this season. Really can't see Aberdeen getting relegated. Far worse Aberdeen sides over the past 20 or so years have not been relegated.

Remember when I posted this?

I'm a fucking visionary. You've already got the 7 points with a match to spare and that's against ICT. Another big match, that one, but a win from that and it will have been a very good few weeks for the Dons.

Just seen the Dons highlights...

Pawlett is as bad as Aluko in the diving cunt stakes and his challenge probably deserved a yellow, but I can see why the red was awarded.

As is usual with a contentious decision for the Dons I discussed the red card with my colleague who used to be an SPL and UEFA ref. He says it could have been a booking due to the speed he came in at which might have made it a reckless challenge, but there was no intent, he wasn't aiming at the opponent and he was in control (i.e. wasn't off the ground) so it shouldn't have been a red card.

Unfortunately he didn't see the penalty award so I couldn't discuss that with him.

Guest Gladstone

Fuck all that bollocks, I scored two competitive goals last night. Yes, it was the 6s league at Strikers and yes we got beat, but I haven't played competitive football since July and I think before last night I'd only played 2 competitive games in 2011. In summary, I'm fucking ace. :)

He will be signed by a Championship team based on his goalscoring record, whose manager thinks the he is the one whose management style can turn him into the "player everyone thought he would be in England". Ultimately he will flop and be back at Rangers aged 31 and even fatter and less mobile than he is now, after seeing out his £15k-a-week-three-year deal with said Championship club from the bench.

• Upvote 2

Guest Gladstone
I see Pawlett is going to get a 2 game ban for diving, whilst getting his 1 game ban for the red card rescinded, i love scottish football.

Haha - to be fair, that's about right when you look at the replays. It was 2 games Aluko got wasn't it? So, the punishment should be the same because the outcomes were exactly the same (i.e. winning a penalty by cheating, which in turn won his team the match).

As if this is going to eradicate the problem. Aberdeen, rightly or wrongly, got the pen and got the 3 points. It does Pat Fenlon no good that Pawlett is in the dock for diving.

If they can retrospectively ban a diver, they can also refer it to a video referee during the game, make sure the pen never happens and then book the player for cheating. Best of all worlds.

Get on it Fifa.

Result of the match should be irrelevant.

Indeed not, but clearly that's all the SFA care about......otherwise they'd be banning folk for going down easily all over the pitch, rather than diving for penalties.

If you're going to be even-handed about it, you should be banning central defenders who go down easily under pressure from a striker whilst trying to shepherd the ball out for a bye-kick.......or banning goalies who crumble under a high ball despite zero contact.....these always get free kicks for the defending team, but the crime is the same.

• Upvote 1